Team70R

42" sd hanging uneven

Team70R

Still can't get my 42" SD to cut even. It appears the right side of the deck is hanging lower than the left side at the highest 2 levels. And out of the 3 front deck wheels only the right one touches the ground when im parked on the concrete. Which hole should the lift rod be in?

image.jpg

Team70R

Can't seem to find anything on here about the front wheels. Are they supposed to be rolling when mowing??  Or just there for antiscalp purposes 

doc724

Front wheels should never touch the ground.  Rear wheels touch the ground and set the mower height in the rear.  Are you sure you have the deck correctly installed iin the mid hitch?   Take a pix of the left rear wheel looking from right to left (opposite of the one you posted)  Does the bracket which supports the left rear wheel look to be in the same position as the right one (almost horizontal)?  Are the tractor tires all have the same inflation?  (it doesn't take much for the deck to be off an inch if the pressure on one tire is 5-7 psi and the others are the correct 12 psi

Team70R
Just now, doc724 said:

Front wheels should never touch the ground.  Rear wheels touch the ground and set the mower height in the rear.  Are you sure you have the deck correctly installed iin the mid hitch?   Take a pix of the left rear wheel looking from right to left (opposite of the one you posted)  Does the bracket which supports the left rear wheel look to be in the same position as the right one (almost horizontal)?  Are the tractor tires all have the same inflation?  (it doesn't take much for the deck to be off an inch if the pressure on one tire is 5-7 psi and the others are the correct 12 psi

Tires are good on pressure and the rear deck wheels look straight/square. I'm almost certain now that the deck is twisted 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Jayzauto
      By Jayzauto
      Toro - WheelHorse Deck Chutes available.  Fit 42” & 48” Side Discharge Decks.  These are New & Restoration Quality.  I have 2 available.  $50ea/BRO

• neilevans1971
      By neilevans1971
      42in Snowthrower #79362 for sale
      You pick up, as I cannot deliver. 
      Lot's of fun to clear a sidewalk in one pass or driveway in just a few.

I have the manual, belt and attachment parts that go with it but are not pictured. All are in good working order.

• Joe Warren
      By Joe Warren
      Wheel Horse 42” Snow Blade

Wheel Horse part # 06-42BB02   1979-86

Used On:            
      B-81 (6 speed), B-82, B-85, B-111 (6 speed), B-112, B-115, B-165 (5 speed),
      LT-832, LT-1100, LT-1136, LT-1137, LT-1600, LT-1637. LT-1642,
      SB-371, YT-12-A,
      208-3, 211-3, 211-5, 211-A, 216-5,  

One  New Old Stock still in the original shipping carton, and one assembled used blade in very good  condition (shown in photos)
      $199 for NOS unit and $149 for used unit shown.

Local pick up in Easton MA. I occasionally drive to Bridgewater NJ and may be able to deliver to MA, RI, CT, Eastern NY, or northern NJ.

Please private message me if you are interested in purchasing.

Thank you,
      Joe

• Team70R
      By Team70R
      I'm used to messing with the narrow, rear discharge decks. The deck on my newly acquired C165 doesn't seem to cut evenly with multiple passes. It cuts great with one pass but if I make a second pass the grass is super uneven! What do I need to adjust to make it cut consistently? Here are some pics after 2 passes, in the same direction 

• mikekot3
      By mikekot3
      I am replacing with new spindle assemblies of my model 78345 mower deck. I am unable to find in the manual section what the torque needed to preload the pulley to spindle
      bearings under the protective covers on top of the mower deck.
      I found the torque required for the blades to be 80-120 lb ft in one of the manuals here.
      Please advise or tell me which manual it is found in.
      Thank you,
      Mike