BlownL67

44" blower 79361 69xxxx

BlownL67

Just picked up a 520H with 44" 2 stage. One of auger bearings seems to have taken a dump on the left side so I want to freshen it up before I sell it. I found what I need on PartsTree and other sources but I was wondering if anyone else sourced out bearings or did a rebuild like I plan on doing.

Thanks! Mark

20170702_151105.jpg

• Like 1

Kurt-NEPA

There are several old threads on replacing the auger shaft bearings. A search should find them.  What I did was to use a cam lock bearing and 1/4" spacer.  You will have to fabricate the 1/4" spacer and drill new hole for the bearing flanges, but it works really well and the bearing are inexpensive.  TSC often has them.

DSCN0504_zpsvxrxn1yj.jpg.712cae43186c3a904af79602a71155f2.jpg

Other improvements are paddle extension,  center support for the auger shaft gearbox, and adding an idler sprocket to the chain tensioner.

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H

:text-+1::text-yeahthat:, I did most of the above to my 2stage as those factory bronze bushings (not bearings) just don't hold up very well even though the auger only turns "half" the speed of the singles and the wooden (now plastic) chain tension block isn't very high tech either, and the impeller paddle extensions with a solid chute deflector really makes these beast "chuck" the snow without icing up, Jeff.

895_1.jpg

IMAG1705.jpg

IMAG2444.jpg

IMAG2443.jpg

IMAG1700.jpg

• Like 1

wallfish

A flange bearing for the auger shaft can be used as well if you can't fabricate the spacer. But you would still need to drill holes in the side plates.

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Power-Transmission/Bearings/Flange-Mount-Bearings/3-4-4-BOLT-FLANGE-BEARING-1-204-12-4.axd

Those original bushings suck and are expensive for what they are

• Like 3