groundhog47

Crankshaft (PTO side) diameter

groundhog47

With intent to help one of our members who is in need of a part*, the crankshaft dia is 1", what Kohler engines or B&S with 1" dia shafts were used. I think the 8hp Kohler did.

He is in search of an *engine pulley with 1" bore on a 6 spd  and think the dia is same as 1 1/8" bore pulley. Not being lazy, just unable to find in search and Kohler crank specs show 12 or more diff types. Any help to find engine that uses 1" bore engine pulley for 8 or 6 spd would be greatly appreciated. I did see Garry's post reply but sizes aren't there. Thanks in advance!  

OK found 101875 pulley for 8hp, prob one he needs.   

Edited by groundhog47
found an 8 hp pulley pn

slammer302

I believe the k181 on a b-80 is 1"

B-60 also 7hp Kohler

• Like 1

JAinVA

K181 normally has a 1" pto shaft.It also was fitted with a .750 output shaft.If you have an 1 1/8" pulley and pto then you could use a sleeve to make up the difference.The sleeves are available and inexpensive.

Much less expensive than the correct 1" pulley from used sources.

• Like 1

groundhog47
7 hours ago, slammer302 said:

I believe the k181 on a b-80 is 1"

B-60 also 7hp Kohler

Thanks for help

2 hours ago, JAinVA said:

K181 normally has a 1" pto shaft.It also was fitted with a .750 output shaft.If you have an 1 1/8" pulley and pto then you could use a sleeve to make up the difference.The sleeves are available and inexpensive.

Much less expensive than the correct 1" pulley from used sources.

Thanks for your help also. Looks like we are all on same thought train and I believe it to be pn 101875 pulley. Our member has a K-301 (?) Spec ?? with 1" PTO shaft, one of the many Kohler crank configurations. Problem almost solved now!! 

Edited by groundhog47