82Caddy

So I heard you like small frames with big blocks...

WHX??

:woohoo: Man after my own heart.... got two 1055 shorts dying to get made into one! I like the round fender idea Caddy... nice :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4

wallfish
11 minutes ago, 82Caddy said:

Started a new project I've been day dreaming about for awhile now

So satisfying when a project finally gets started. Especially when it's one that has been in your thoughts for a while.

• Like 6

elcamino/wheelhorse

I like it . I see no cutting , but how much cussing was involved ?  

• Like 2

82Caddy

12 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I like it . I see no cutting , but how much cussing was involved ?  

None really. Well except for drilling out spot welds on the dash tower. I hate drilling spot welds out. 

I followed an ancient trick called research. Found an old thread that @Kelly had started explaining the differences in oil pans and block styles.  Found the right oil pan (eBay), trimmed the oil dipper (engine turns over with no funny noises) and quite literally bolted it together. 

• Like 8

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Can't wait to see it as we go along. 

Glenn

• Like 1

AMC RULES

• Like 2

littleredrider

Pretty much a 1045. I dig it. I wanted to do something like that as well. I had a 16 horse with all the parts to make it a small pan and put it into a 1045 basic case. But, life, then wife, not needing any tractors cause lived in an apt, now have an awesome girlfriend and a house, but now it's no money and no garage or shed lol....ain't one thing it's another.....

• Like 2

82Caddy

It's basically a 1045 clone. If all goes well it'll have a narrow front end (tri rib front tires and ag rear), Hein Werner hydraulic lift and a 48" mower deck under it by the time I'm done with it this summer. 

I'm very torn if I want to strip it down and clean it all up to be pretty or if I want to leave it in worker clothes.

My end goal is to have a fun and reliable tractor to mow with on the property I have now. My yard isn't that big, just has a couple tight corners I can't get into with the current mower. Part of the problem with that mower is how the deck hangs and picks up. It mows even but wobbles with the deck is lifted causing problems maneuvering into tighter spaces. Takes 20-25 min now with a 36" deck taking my time. 

• Like 2

AMC RULES

One vote here...            :handgestures-salute:

for leaving it's working clothes in place. 

• Like 3

520hC-120

Love it so far, can't wait to see the finished product!:text-coolphotos:

Terry M

Looks Good , Reid :handgestures-thumbupright:       I have to say that you certainly don't waste any time..:lol:

• Like 1

CasualObserver

Sweet! Any chance you're going to try to come over to Le Sueur this year?

WHX??
7 minutes ago, CasualObserver said:

come over to Le Sueur this year

Not to go :offtopic:but I am! :banana-rock: If you are in Rochester Caddy there really is no good excuse! :ychain:

82Caddy

I am in Rochester. Bad news is my wife and I are attending a concert in the cities that Saturday night and doing the Milk run at the state fair the next day. 

Is there much going on Friday at that event it is it mostly taking place on the weekend?

WHX??

No Friday is a good day , we are usually there and set up on Friday. Not a huge crowd that day so some of the attractions may not be quite in full swing but still plenty to see. Might be a stop on your way to the cities ... not real far from on the way.

82Caddy

Eh it's a long ways in the wrong direction to get to the cities from my house. I can be at the fair grounds in spot on an hour....

Back to this project...anyone have a picture of the correct axle bracket for use with a hy-2/3 lift cylinder? I'm struggling to find a picture of how it mounts. 

Craziness happening here...

82Caddy

From a few days ago:

Added hydraulic lift cylinder to my short frame big block project. 

35762500106_e9e8bc4759_k.jpg

35414582280_20fc68761e_k.jpg

34993140743_df531a7512_k.jpg

Only had to swap out the rockshaft (3 bolts and two clips), trim the clutch pedal and slide it all together. 

Have a lead on a complete tractor with the mower deck needed to really get cracking on this and help finalize the new front end placement / height. 

I also need to send the lift arm out our wheelhorseman1000 and have it fixed along with ordering a bunch of other parts from him too

• Like 5

Joe656

I'm doing the same build but using a 657 with an 8speed. Not sure about a motor yet because I have an 8hp kohler but it won't fit because of the location of the starter and battery.

Terry M
2 hours ago, Joe656 said:

I have an 8hp kohler but it won't fit because of the location of the starter and battery.

I've seen someone use a smaller motorcycle battery in place of the normal size L&G one....  might be something to check out

• Like 1

82Caddy

I have an 8 speed as well going into mine.

My engine is bolted to the frame in the factory hole locations. Battery fits but is a snug fit and runs into the dipstick on the right side.

Battery tray will get relocated back slightly once I get the mower deck installed so I know where the new front end will sit. Many things depend on where where and how this mower deck ends up sitting.

• Like 1

Joe656

I'm bolting mine in the factory holes but the 8hp starter is much lower on the block. So I'm gunna make a toolbox under the battery and move the battery over top of the steering. Im putting this tractor together with parts that I have from other tractors. I'm in the process of making the center section between the dash and rear fender pan.

82Caddy

Finally got back around to working on this...

31371112318_db63dbb2aa_k.jpg

I forgot to take a picture before I started taking it all apart again for some additional changes.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

WHX??

Good things take time.. nice front end!:handgestures-thumbupright:

82Caddy
19 minutes ago, WHX21 said:

Good things take time.. nice front end!:handgestures-thumbupright:

They do take time and few less distractions would also help...

44335017005_8b5d0aa690_k.jpg

45196130302_84853f8f10_k.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1