tsmall07

My mule drive fell apart - 520H

tsmall07

My mule drive fell apart when I was plowing this winter and I grabbed all the parts I saw, but I'm not sure I got everything.  Seems like there should be some spacers or washers to separate the pulleys.  When it goes back together, I'll put a cotter pin through the nut.  

20170702_152338[1].jpg

20170702_195150[1].jpg

groundhog47

Yes a spacer goes between the two pulleys and outer pulley and guard, outer pn 101757 and middle (inner) 101734. The hex nut looks wrong type, parts just calls a hex nut but it has a serrated pattern on back to sorta lock in place Pn 3219-7 (old # 915007)

Edited by groundhog47

tsmall07

Thanks! 

Edited by tsmall07

gwest_ca

1/2" long spacer part number 101757 is on the outside between the pulley and cover.

5/8" long spacer part number 101734 is between the pulleys.

Spacer ID needs to slip over 3/4" shaft.

Garry

• Like 1

tsmall07

I think I'm going to try to cut some out of some 3/4" pipe.  

Sarge

Actually , those spacers are thin wall tubing - they must fit against the race of the bearing and not interfere with the pulley facing , or it will destroy the pulley . You'll have to measure the largest diameter that will fit the center portion of the bearing race and order the appropriate bushing material or source the spacers from McMaster or similar . Some hardware stores like Ace carry thin walled spacers that could be cut to fit it . I've had to make new ones for the older mules on several of my units due to bearings seizing up and tearing up the bushings ....it's a time consuming project but not all that hard .

Sarge

• Like 2

tsmall07

Yeah, I thought about that later. Maybe I'll try copper pipe. I've got a lathe, so I could always turn down whatever I use. I see people listed part numbers above. Where would I look for those if I wanted to buy them? 

groundhog47
11 hours ago, tsmall07 said:

Yeah, I thought about that later. Maybe I'll try copper pipe. I've got a lathe, so I could always turn down whatever I use. I see people listed part numbers above. Where would I look for those if I wanted to buy them? 

Electrical conduit might work, but if have to by a piece dealer would prob be about that price and your spacing is important. If I get to my spares will get ya a measurement, we know ID a slip over/ loose fit 3/4", length is culprit for now!

tsmall07

Someone posted the length above.  They're cheap enough I'll just order some

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Duramax7man7
      By Duramax7man7
      Very Solid tractor! Starts right up and Runs and Cuts like a Champ! 

ONLY 419hrs

FEATURES:
      Newer Agro Tires on Rear & Solid Front Turf Tires.
      Wheel Weights on rear.
      Fully Swapped Forward Swept axle and Steering off of 520h.
      New Tractor Supply Adjustable Seat.
      Exhaust Fully Restored. (Sandblasted, Outgassed and 2000deg High Temp Satin Exhaust Paint Coated.)

I ran my 60" Deck on this tractor for over a year with no issues. 
      Deck it solid top to bottom with no rot and newer blades. Belt and Pulley are good to go! 
      She's just a little dusty and needs a cleaning. Can get a nice Seat a Tractor Supply. 

Asking >>>>> $1,099 OBO <<<<<<< 

(248) 943-8634 Text or Call.  God Bless. 

• Duramax7man7
      By Duramax7man7
      Very Solid tractor!

Newer Agro Tires on Rear and Solid Front Turf Tires. Wheel Weights on rear. Fully Swapped Forward Swept axle off of 520h. I ran my 60" Deck on this tractor for over a year with no issues. 
      Deck it solid top to bottom with no rot and newer blades. Belt and Pulley are good to go! 
      She's just a little dusty and needs a cleaning. Can get a nice Seat a Tractor Supply. 

$1175 OBO   -POOS

(248) 9for3-8six3four Text or Call. I do not visit this site enough. God Bless. 

NEW SEAT INSTALLED ON THIS TRACTOR! Started it up and ran it for a while yesterday... Forgot how nice this thing is. Tempting to keep it but it's time to send her one her way. GREAT TRACTOR! 

• gwood
      By gwood
      Question: I'm looking at the seat and decal drawing and could use an answer! Does the the seat spring or the adjusters go under the seat? It looks like the adjusters go directly under the seat and then the springs under the adjuster. If so, where does the spacer (110932) go?   The reason I ask is the seat is quit low and the back sets low making it hard for me to reach the brake/ return to neutral pedal.
    • RJ Hamner
      By RJ Hamner
      Now that we are finding more uses for the 1990 520H with a KwikWay loader I am experiencing some power loss in the hydro after about a half hour to 45 minutes??????
      Ideas?
    • Merl
      By Merl
      Newbie here and I have a 520-H that runs, but needs some TLC and some minor things fixed and/or adjusted. It comes with a like new tiller that I believe has only been used once and has paint still on the tines. I am the 2nd owner and I have personally never used the tiller. I am selling my previous home that I rent and where it has been stored. My current home's yard just isn't big enough to use a rider and I need to find a new home for it. I want to sell them together to simplify and I need them gone in the next 2 weeks. Please reach out with any questions and I'll do my best to answer. I am definitely not as knowledgeable as most of you on this forum, but figured somebody would like to fix it up, part it out and/or needs a tiller. Please email or text.