Stormin

Sears/Roper

Digger 66

Cool tractor ...but ....What's that under the seat ? It's not the f-f-f-uel tank . Is it ? bighair_zps9sbtsysc.gif

• Like 2

953 nut
7 minutes ago, Digger 66 said:

Cool tractor ...but ....What's that under the seat ? It's not the f-f-f-uel tank . Is it ? bighair_zps9sbtsysc.gif

What;   you don't want to sit on a bomb?       By the way, the gas tank on most of our :wh: since 1963 have been under the seat!  :hide:

Related image

• Like 6

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Stormin Nice looking tractor , what the hitch on the front used for ?

Racinbob

I like it! I remember those years of the Sears tractors. Decent machines. But I don't remember the front being so high. Maybe a variation for across the big pond? :think:

DennisThornton

Great tractors! Lots of attachments! 

I need a closeup of the front hitch though. 

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

very very nice. best of luck.

Glenn

Stormin

Yes, that is the fuel tank.

Don't know if the height of the front is any different to over States side. This model was only built in 1978 and with the Briggs 16hp by all accounts. So a bit of a rarity. Especially over here. No-one seems to know of another.

I'd say the front hitch is for a trailer or something with a drawbar. May be home made. I'll try and get a photo soon. Tractors covered up at the back of the workshop and I'm rather busy at a mates farm for a few days.

• Like 1

Stormin

Although I have some frame work for underneath, there is no cutter deck. That's not a problem though as I have decks for my Wheel Horses. There is a foot pedal on the right hand side, which I assume is somehow for raising and lowering the deck. What I am wondering, as there is a two way switch on the dash, was it fitted with an electric lift?

I've not come across any info on an electric lift yet. Anyone help?

Elkskin's mower junkyard
On 7/13/2017 at 0:05 PM, Stormin said:

Although I have some frame work for underneath, there is no cutter deck. That's not a problem though as I have decks for my Wheel Horses. There is a foot pedal on the right hand side, which I assume is somehow for raising and lowering the deck. What I am wondering, as there is a two way switch on the dash, was it fitted with an electric lift?

I've not come across any info on an electric lift yet. Anyone help?

the pedal on right side is to engauge and disengauge mower deck.its part of the tractor lol. the decks were scissor lift and had handle on the deck themselve to lift. the 2 way switch is infact for a electric 3 point.

• Like 1

Stormin

Thanks! I'll have to look for something to use to power a three point. I have drawings for one. 

Elkskin's mower junkyard
1 hour ago, Stormin said:

Thanks! I'll have to look for something to use to power a three point. I have drawings for one. 

i have a 39 inch 3 point tiller that is a bear to pickup with a manual 3 point lol

Stormin

The original tyres are getting a bit past their sell by date. Rather worn and cracking. After 40 years it's not really surprising. Today I treated it to a pair of new boots for the rear.

DSCF0013.JPG.20f3b6a982ce35ae04394cbc4b80bd57.JPG

DSCF0014.JPG.8477d47afa2ec65c3d7e4f664dfd1b18.JPG

Now I've to find some for the front. Tri ribs are out and I don't want multi ribs. So it's 5 rib or some type of block pattern.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Stormin

Did a couple of shows down south which I do every year, staying at a friends during the week. At the first one, Rural Past Times in East Sussex, the Sears/Roper got a 2nd in class. :) Only beaten by my C-81 with sickle bar which got 1st.  :D

P1020411.JPG.a9efdc8272f65d34d14ac7c7405e0bd7.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

RandyLittrell

I would totally take one of those Sears if I found one!

Randy