Tgtack

Opinions on this wheel color

857 horse

Above all.............it has to suite you !!!!!!!.......If YOU like it,,,,,that is what counts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Looks like you layed down a nice finish..............

Now,,,,as far as original look,,??!!!??!    it looks a little dark.....Cotton white is a very close match,,,,,,

I have even seen white,,,,,,,

Its in the eye of the beholder...........Good luck in any descision you settle with....,,,,a nice paint job always looks better than nasty rust.....But again.!!!!!   that's me

• Like 8

AMC RULES

I like it...   :handgestures-thumbsup:

will have to give it a try...

even though, I'm a nasty rust kinda guy. 

IMG_6929.JPG.5ed115ca8a0f336e7485539ec27eee10.JPG

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 9

JPWH

I like dirty and I agree with the others. It needs to be what you like.

Jay

• Like 6

russellmc301

looks great:text-bravo:

• Like 4

JAinVA

If you are happy that's what COUNTS.May not be absolutely correct color but in my opinion better by far than rust.

• Like 5

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I vote yes, maybe because I did an antique white on my 854, it's suits me. BUT, it has to suit you.

Glenn

• Like 5

Tgtack
2 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

I vote yes, maybe because I did an antique white on my 854, it's suits me. BUT, it has to suit you.

Glenn

It must be close to original, I have to sets of wheels dismounted, and both sets are the same color on the inside of the rim. It looks slightly darker in the picture than it is because of the light. The Ace Antique White is one or two shades lighter than the original rim color found on the inside of the rims.

• Like 4

Digger 66

Fantastic ! 

Just after I got done with mine ( Rustoleum gloss white ) I flipped through the forum and found some painted Antique white .

Wish I'd have looked sooner :huh:

• Like 3

953 nut
1 hour ago, Digger 66 said:

Fantastic ! 

Just after I got done with mine ( Rustoleum gloss white ) I flipped through the forum and found some painted Antique white .

Wish I'd have looked sooner :huh:

If that is the worst you have done I think you can rest easy; This guy did it backwards and we all (politics aside; just looking at the :wh:) liked the look.

5958c8700dc3b_bigshowparade033.JPG.2507724ea27057bb1c3afe645663f141.JPG

• Like 2

squonk

Everything I have that was Linen Beige originally I have painted Allis-Chalmers cream. Marvin''s hood is that color.

IMG_0201_zps606cde82.jpg.690542b5d74dfc4928fbb2e6ed3962b9.jpg

(Glen should have painted his orange)! 897109581avatar.gif.b0a295715f477370336a9593ff85dc6e.gif

• Like 3

Tgtack

Ok, here are some pics after having the tires mounted, I think it is a pretty good option to match the original color. Nice thing is that the paint is easy to spray, dries fast compared to Rustoleum, and tire mounting did not damage the finish at all. Only $3.49 a can at your local ACE Hardware.

20170706_174950.jpg

20170706_174931.jpg

20170706_175748.jpg

Edited by Tgtack
  • Like 5

AMC RULES

Definitely close enough...

for :wh: work.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

Sarge

Tim , are you still doing the amazing rattle can paint jobs ? No way that's how that 1276 was done , is it ??

Still remember the amazing job you did on the yellow Sami - that was pretty cool .

Sarge

• Like 1

WHX??

I tried a can of this Tg just to see how it would come out. I thought maybe it would be more chip/scratch resistant. Jury is still out on that. Color is spot on I think or close enough for horseshoes & hand grenades. :lol:

20170226_175654[1].jpg

20170308_103218[1].jpg

• Like 2

Tgtack
4 hours ago, Sarge said:

Tim , are you still doing the amazing rattle can paint jobs ? No way that's how that 1276 was done , is it ??

Still remember the amazing job you did on the yellow Sami - that was pretty cool .

Sarge

Yep, all painted with Rustoleum Sunrise Red spray can with the exception of the transmission which was brush painted with Rustoleum Sunrise Red. The brush on paint comes out just as glossy if you use a high quality brush. As the tranny was in the garage, could not spray it. Everything else was painted outdoors. Here is a cropped pic of the 1276 I took yesterday with the rims and new tires on it.

20170706_172752-1.jpg

• Like 2

Vinylguy

Amazing Rattle Can restore!!! Tim Wow

Wish I would have had time to go see it at the show.

The wheel color looks like a close match to the decal accent color?

Beautiful work!!

• Like 2

Tgtack
23 minutes ago, Vinylguy said:

Amazing Rattle Can restore!!! Tim Wow

Wish I would have had time to go see it at the show.

The wheel color looks like a close match to the decal accent color?

Beautiful work!!

Thanks Terry, and the decals are what set it off. Here is a picture of the decal you came up with for the 1276 oddball parking brake. Thanks much!

20170707_143630.jpg

• Like 1

Vinylguy
2 hours ago, Tgtack said:

Thanks Terry, and the decals are what set it off. Here is a picture of the decal you came up with for the 1276 oddball parking brake. Thanks much!

Sweet. The console decals really help finish them off. I have always liked the look of the woodgrain decals. Thinking about making some custom ones for my commando.  Hope you figure out the hydro issue.

• Like 2

Tgtack
3 hours ago, Vinylguy said:

Sweet. The console decals really help finish them off. I have always liked the look of the woodgrain decals. Thinking about making some custom ones for my commando.  Hope you figure out the hydro issue.

I am pretty sure the issue is with the cam plate, the top portion that controls reverse is broken, and seems to be getting worse. That and the O ring seal around the shaft of the position arm has a small leak.

Sarge

The talent you have with rattle cans still amazes me - that takes a lot of patience and time to get it to look like that . Makes us who use full on automotive spray guns and all the associated stuff to make it work jealous . I'll never forget the paint job on that Sami , especially how durable it turned out despite being run on the trails fairly hard .

Still have the old M series pickup ?

Sarge

• Like 1

ebinmaine
On 7/1/2017 at 9:27 PM, cschannuth said:

but I like freshly painted wheels to go with it. I don't know why.

Because the wheels "make" the vehicle...

Cars, trucks, tractors whatever. 

• Like 2

Digger 66
On 7/7/2017 at 9:27 AM, WHX11 said:

20170226_175654[1].jpg

I have that epoxy on the wheels of my Can Am .

That shuff's  TOUGH !

• Like 2