Rob XC700

42" Push blade 414-8

Rob XC700

Hi,

I am the proud new owner of a 414-8. The one attachment that I want to purchase is an under frame mounted blade. I don't remember if that's the correct terminology for that model. The model that mounts under the tractor. Are there certain things to look for when purchasing these? Which models will work? A certain dimension that will confirm it will fit my 414-8?

obone

Post a want add in the wanted section for a grader blade with your tractor year and model number.

• Like 1

Jerry77
1 minute ago, obone said:

Post a want add in the wanted section for a grader blade with your tractor

And the attachment for it that goes on the back axle...you need that too....roughly $75 +/-,,,and the blade should be $125 to $200 depending on shape it is in...should get some bites in the wanted section..welcome to :rs:

• Like 1

Tankman

Check the manual section. The 414-8 is an excellent Horse!

416-414-Plows-www.JPG.3480011e08410321bbb41d8db8733ada.JPG

Rob XC700

Thanks Tankman. I do the same with my snowblower. I use engine storage spray and always on blocks to prevent the rust line. Good idea with the stainless bolts. I do that with my snowmobile.

Those are 2 nice horses you have there.

Edited by Rob XC700

Rob XC700
On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎01 at 6:13 PM, Jerry77 said:

And the attachment for it that goes on the back axle...you need that too....roughly $75 +/-,,,and the blade should be $125 to $200 depending on shape it is in...should get some bites in the wanted section..welcome to :rs:

Thanks Jerry. I found one a few hours from my home. It was mounted on an Electra 12 that's for sale. He's separating them. I'm hoping to remove the brackets of the Electra and crossing my fingers they will work on mine.

Jerry77

You need to check with some of the more  informed guys on red square - I don't think one from an electra 12 will  fit on your 400 series..:(

Rob XC700
1 hour ago, Jerry77 said:

You need to check with some of the more  informed guys on red square - I don't think one from an electra 12 will  fit on your 400 series..:(

Hi Jerry77,

Here's the dilemma. I was speaking with the seller about 2 hours ago. He's not sure it came off the electra. He is somewhat of a collector himself and owns several wheel horses. He purchased a few tractors, and a number of attachments as  package deal. He was only after a couple of items, so he's selling the electra and the dozer blade and he couldn't say if it was actually on the electra previously or not. The brackets are on the electra and he said we can remove them. I'm suppose to go early Monday morning and pick it up. It's 2 hours away, so now I'm not sure if I should make the trip.

Edited by Rob XC700

BOB ELLISON

Call the guy and ask him to mesure it.

The length on long frame is 64" from center rear bar 3/4" rod to the center of pivot bolt at blade. 

If it mesure 64" it should fit your 414-8

• Like 1

Rob XC700
On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎02 at 11:04 PM, BOB ELLISON said:

Call the guy and ask him to mesure it.

The length on long frame is 64" from center rear bar 3/4" rod to the center of pivot bolt at blade. 

If it mesure 64" it should fit your 414-8

Thanks Bob. I missed your reply until now. I need to get more educated on using this forum.

I will contact him and ask him to measure it.

Happy July 4th!!!

• Like 1