Rob XC700

1st Wheel Horse

Rob XC700

Hi Red Square,

I know how everyone likes to see everyone's new acquisition. So here's mine....

1988 414-8. Purchased from the grandson of the original owner It seems to be in good shape. The deck has rust holes in it. Not sure if it's worth resurrecting. Needs 2 rear tires and 1 front tire won't hold air at all. Has a split in it. I will change all 4. I will be asking some questions in the future about tire options. Needs a battery. Also a small electrical issue that they bypassed, again  will ask about that as I get to it. Other than that it just requires a good cleaning.

Purpose of my purchase was to save the K46 hydro unit in my lawn tractor. Now I will have something I can use to pull my trailer, and work without damaging my lawn tractor.

I started looking into purchasing a standard gear tractor a few weeks ago, and as I was researching I realized that Wheel Horse was the way to go. My grandfather owned what I remembered was an 854 when I was a kid and he worked the crap out of that tractor. I used to cut his grass with it when I was a kid.

Here are some pictures of the 414-8 on the trailer last night when I got home.  Oh, I think I got a great deal $250. Ontario, Canada.

My 414-8 frt.JPG

My 414-8 rear.JPG

• Like 9

AMC RULES

Image result for welcome wagon gifhdr-logo-100b.png.66485b30801174d9ba44702d09886843.png

• Like 1

BOB ELLISON

You got a great deal. I have a 314-8 and it is a real tractor that will last for 50 years. I know I have a few 50 year Olds and a four 40 year tractors that still work great. I always say take care of it and it will take care of you.

You will get all the help you want from guys that know everything about the wheel horse tractors and more. I've been here 2 years and have learned more then I ever thought I could. One thing that we need to help anyone with problems is lots of pictures. Welcome to the best wheel horse site in the world.

• Like 4

BOB ELLISON

You might find these helpful. 

Check in manual section for others.

• Like 3

WHX??

:WRS: Rob.. you got a real good shake ther...enjoy the tractor and don't be shy about asking for help with problems :)

• Like 2

Rob XC700
1 hour ago, BOB ELLISON said:

You might find these helpful. 

Check in manual section for others.

Thanks Bob. I downloaded.

• Like 2

jay bee

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs: Rob...You got a fine deal on that :wh:.  She should last for many years.  Lots of  guys here willing to help out with any questions you may have.  We're glad you're here!!!

Jim

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 2

JPWH

Good deal on that horse and Welcome to Redsquare.

• Like 2

Horse playing

Welcome

Good deal, this place has tons of great info.

Edited by Horse playing
  • Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Hey Rob,    :text-welcomeconfetti:     :wh:      :text-welcomeconfetti:.   Good luck with your 1st one.

Glenn

• Like 2

953 nut

:WRS:              You made a good investment, The :wh: will make a believer out of you; next thing you know you'll be making room for another one or more!

• Like 2

Digger 66
22 hours ago, Rob XC700 said:

I realized that Wheel Horse was the way to go.

What else can 'ya say ? :handgestures-thumbupright:

Welcome to Red Square !

• Like 2

Rob XC700

Thanks everyone for all your welcomes!

I'm looking forward to learning from such a great community. I've been pretty impressed with the knowledge I've seen here during my research.

• Like 2