Sign in to follow this  
ericj

D200 loader pump connections

ericj

I bought an Ark 550 loader at the big show. It supposed to have been removed from a D250. The sub frame that came with it would work with modifications but someone, who will remain anonymous for now has a sub frame from off a D200 and offered it to me for more then a reasonable price. picking it up in the Saturday am. So the last piece of the puzzle I need to make it work would be hooking the pump up to the front pto on my D. 

i would like to kindly ask anyone with a loader on a D series tractor for a picture of the pump connection. Mine has what looks like a love-joy connection disc, but the tractor part is missing. I need to go from the front pto shaft to a love-joy connections and not sure what is available to make this happen. Is the pto in the D series a special size since it rated at what 2000 rpm's. any info and picture would sure be appreciated. thanks

eric j

p.s. the loader is 20 miles away at a friends house at this time and he is away for the weekend camping  

pfrederi

The pump on D200's is mounted on a moveable (pivoting) plate down low in the front.  No lovejoy just a pulley and belt to the PTO. Hard to get a good picture for you.  The bigger pulley in the pictures is my rear PTO.  The pump belt runs very closely in front of it. IMG_0141.JPG.c1b7f0cc444c4ac093dc0f809b1d7892.JPG

IMG_0138.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

• Like 1

pfrederi

Some more pics..sorry they aren't easy to see but like all Ds it is hard to get a clear shot of anything they aren't  easy to work on.

IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0129.JPG

IMG_0130.JPG

IMG_0131.JPG

IMG_0132.JPG

• Like 2

ericj

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH :text-thankyoublue: that is exactly what I needed to see, I thought it attached to the pto. so I can add a pulley to my pump and make it work, again thank you very much. I hoped somebody would come through like this and you did 

eric j

pfrederi

I will try to get her up the shop in the next couple of days and drop the shield.  That will give you a much clearer picture of what goes on.  irony is I only put the shield back on a few months ago.  Ran it without it for several years.

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1

ericj

one more thing I would like to know is the diameter of the pulley in the pump. I appreciate all of your help and the pictures.

eric j 

pfrederi
On 7/1/2017 at 3:39 PM, ericj said:

one more thing I would like to know is the diameter of the pulley in the pump. I appreciate all of your help and the pictures.

eric j 

The pulley is 5" outside edge to edge.

Here are more shots.  you will need the two end plates (L shaped) one has a single tab that acts as a pivot point for the pump mounting plate.  the other end plate has two tabs creating a slot the pump plate moves in as you tension the belt.  The vertical bolt on the right side (pic 1 and 3) is the tensioner.  Pic 4 is the cover plate.  Mounts tot eh bottom of the side plates the bigger hole give yo access to the tensioner bolt (this view is the bottom of the plate.

I will leave the cover plat off for a few days if you need other pictures

IMG_0136.JPG

IMG_0137.JPG

IMG_0138.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

• Like 2

DavidP

Is there a part number on that pump?

I have what looks like a log splitter pump on mine that I just picked up.

What is the fluid type used in these loaders (ark 550).

I have a leaking line and the guy I bought it from was topping off with hydraulic oil.