mikeeyre74

Identify: 702?

mikeeyre74

As I'm still searching for a new good project, this one came up. I'm thinking 702? Anyone confirm?

702?

squonk

YIKES! 897109581avatar.gif.1152b4e6e5423d61953ff8288c0d3165.gif897109581avatar.gif.1152b4e6e5423d61953ff8288c0d3165.gif897109581avatar.gif.1152b4e6e5423d61953ff8288c0d3165.gif897109581avatar.gif.1152b4e6e5423d61953ff8288c0d3165.gif897109581avatar.gif.1152b4e6e5423d61953ff8288c0d3165.gif897109581avatar.gif.1152b4e6e5423d61953ff8288c0d3165.gif897109581avatar.gif.1152b4e6e5423d61953ff8288c0d3165.gif897109581avatar.gif.1152b4e6e5423d61953ff8288c0d3165.gif897109581avatar.gif.1152b4e6e5423d61953ff8288c0d3165.gif897109581avatar.gif.1152b4e6e5423d61953ff8288c0d3165.gif897109581avatar.gif.1152b4e6e5423d61953ff8288c0d3165.gif

• Like 2

mikeeyre74

That green? Yeah... that'll need fixing.

• Like 1

prondzy

Id say its a 753 based in the font axle and brake pedal

• Like 1

mikeeyre74

Is that just the next model year variation? As in the 753 took the place of the 702?   What is the difference in the brake pedal between the two? I'm going to look at it right now.  He said it runs, and drives, and will take $150 for it… 

• Like 1

953 nut

For $ 150 you best get over there in a hurry! Who cares if it is a 702 or 753, it is a great buy!

• Like 5

DTOM

Hey Mike, its a 753. The motor spec number is also a 63.

Chris G

The front axle, fuel tank and lift assembly says it's a 63 or 64 to me. So I would say definitely  not a 702. But as stated already for 150$ I'd go get it for sure. 

• Like 2

dells68

Run Forest, run!!! - I just bought a 701 at the Big Show for $250 and was thrilled, even though it has a 702 hood and single pulleys (k161 engine though!).  Don't worry about what it looks like now, you'll knock any ugly right off!

Edited by dells68
  • Like 4

mikeeyre74

It's in the back of the truck as I type this. Too tired to take it out till tomorrow. I'll take some pictures then of the "interesting customization" work done by the PO. ;D it's pretty solid tho, anyway. Looks like a good platform to start from.  Also, I think this is the first tractor I have ever bought that starts and runs without having to work on it at all.  Heh!

• Like 4

dells68

Glad you got it!!!  You would have regretted it if you let it go!

DennisThornton
39 minutes ago, mikeeyre74 said:

It's in the back of the truck as I type this. Too tired to take it out till tomorrow. I'll take some pictures then of the "interesting customization" work done by the PO. ;D it's pretty solid tho, anyway. Looks like a good platform to start from.  Also, I think this is the first tractor I have ever bought that starts and runs without having to work on it at all.  Heh!

When did you get a truck? Nice haul! 

Chris G

Congrats!

953 nut
7 hours ago, mikeeyre74 said:

take some pictures then of the "interesting customization" work done by the PO.

Previous owners do tend to make life interesting for us!   :wwp:

• Like 1

mikeeyre74

Ok, you asked for them:

753 offloaded at home...

Flames. My goodness...

753 offloaded at home...

That carburetor can't be original.  It's too clean. Need a filter housing for that element as well. Fuel leak at the gasket. But I'll be darned, I heard it run off a jumppack at his house before I loaded it up. 

753 offloaded at home...

That pinstriping! :D

753 offloaded at home...

753 offloaded at home...

753 offloaded at home...

I'm in the market for whatever sheet metal goes over this area I guess..

753 offloaded at home...

753 offloaded at home...

I'm not sure what the story is with these welded on things here on the pedals. Any ideas? I'm going to buzz them off pretty soon if nobody knows.  I can't imagine they belong there?

753 offloaded at home...

That hitch works like a champ! Need to fix up the box on the rear there, but that should be easy enough. 

753 offloaded at home...

Straight pipe. Oh, it sounds good tho! :D

753 offloaded at home...

That's a two position key switch. I heard it was supposed to have three? What's the third position for? This has just run and don't run for the key. 

753 offloaded at home...

Glorious!

So that's what I have to start with. I'm all about hearing what's right and wrong and what to look out for with these. It might be q bit before I can start in on this because my 120A project is on the front burner still... But I need to gather parts anyway, and that'll take time. 

Mike

• Like 4

hcminis
13 hours ago, mikeeyre74 said:

Is that just the next model year variation? As in the 753 took the place of the 702?   What is the difference in the brake pedal between the two? I'm going to look at it right now.  He said it runs, and drives, and will take $150 for it… 

For $150.00, I'd be all over it

ACman

Looks got to me for $150 ... say for a few changes .

What was the PO thinking  :scratchead: ... That's Deutz Spring green if I ever ever seen it . Why not use a red , orange , black !

• Like 1

dells68

Nice!  Easy enough to get rid of that ugly neon green.  Check around here or on fleabay and you'll find a gasket for that two piece tank - they all leak.  I was surprised that my 701 has a 1 piece tank.  Looks just like the later tanks, had no idea a 701 had a 1 piece - I just lucked out!  Yup, buzz off those brackets on the foot rests.  Someone has put little hooks on mine that almost look like grease nipples - drilled and tapped them into the rod.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

The 702 never had the star wheel adjustment for the lift arm.  :)

DennisThornton

Yep! Make me want to jump into my 633! 

mikeeyre74

Update: 

Got a battery for this little guy and tossed it in there. Didn't notice the custom made really nicely done battery bracket until I installed the battery, but that was a nice surprise. Anyway, got her installed and it fired right up and ran. No surprise, with that straight pipe on there, it's loud as the dickens.. that thing has to go. Years are still ringing!

Two problems:

1. She grinds gears like no tomorrow. Very bad. Belt skips and hops and chatters like a caged animal. I'll have to look into if this is the right belt or not. It APEARS to new, whatever it is, but it mightn't be the right size.. The belt guard IS on there, but I'm not sure if it's been modified or not. I'm still looking into that. I can see that the belt pokes out through the bottom of the guard and I can see it plain as day.. is that normal?

2. Not charging. I'm not really surprised, with all that green paint on everything. I haven't done anything more than check battery voltage while running and I can see that it's not charging.. I'll clean all the contacts at a later date and re check. I'm all ears for the usual suspects for these, as I'm not that familiar with them? 

DTOM

I'll have to swing by and give it a good once over. You have a good start so far for what you have into it.

AMC RULES

I'm betting your shifting problem will be resolved once the correct belt guard is in place. 

Original, should capture the belt within the guard, not hang out the bottom.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

Congrats, you done good, looks like an easy restore...& fun :wh: project. 

• Like 1

mikeeyre74
9 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

I'm betting your shifting problem will be resolved once the correct belt guard is in place. 

Original, should capture the belt within the guard, not hang out the bottom.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

Congrats, you done good, looks like an easy restore...& fun :wh: project. 

Ha! Yep.. it's plain as day. You can see it in the pic I posted above originally, there's the whole bottom end of the belt guard/guide sawed right off. And here I thought I just needed the left hand side cover to make things right! Sheesh.. 

• Like 1

DTOM

The previous owner did a pulley swap. The pulley on the motor is to big which is why the belt is coming out the bottom of the belt gaurd. Check the pulley on the trans, it should be 4" in diameter.

• Like 2