littleredrider

Eaton 1100 fill?

littleredrider

How do you fill the pump on this thing?? I got it used, just the tranny so didn't see how it came off. I looked in the manuals but didn't see in there either. 

Jerry77

Do you have it attached to the gearbox?  Have  you changed the filter?  You fill it thru the dipstick tube - very slowly - I was told to loosen the filter so air would escape to make filling it easier...it was...after you fill it ( maybe 4 to 4 1/2 qts ( do not over fill ) ) you will need to operate it quite a bit before it can be topped off.( don't forget to hand tighten the filter ) ...do not overfill - you will have a mess on the floor where it will expel some oil before being completely purged...whatever you do - do not let any dirt get into the system - including from having the hydraulic hoses being open where dirt can get in - dirt will destroy your pump.  :twocents-02cents:

• Like 1

SPINJIM

As Jerry said, you fill it through the dipstick tube.  The trick is to let the air out when the trans fluid is going in.   Some people will put a hard straw down the dipstick tube next to the funnel while you pour the fluid into the funnel.    Pour slowly.

littleredrider

I thought the hydro pump and tranny took different oil??  

Jerry77
35 minutes ago, littleredrider said:

I thought the hydro pump and tranny took different oil??

No, same oil...I used 10W30 in mine...some use synthetic 10W30...matter of preference I guess...synthetic will find leaks easier if there are any...:)

• Like 2

littleredrider

Well that makes it easier. I have to go to get a pulley for the mule drive and get oil for that.....4 1/2-5 quarts? 

Jerry77
11 hours ago, littleredrider said:

4 1/2-5 quarts? 

Supposed to take 5 qts, but I doubt you will get it all in there, assuming it has been drained...always some left in after draining.

littleredrider

It was clear sky's yesterday so had decent internet (satellite wifi) to look in the manuals, found the 5 quarts. Now to tear it apart....thanks!!