Sign in to follow this  
poodle

Axle seal for 8 speed ?

poodle

hey guys I know this is a repetitive question but I have a 8speed with 1 1/8 axles that is going into my stock class puller and the axle seals leaks real bad on one side.I just got my news letter in the mail and the first pull is in late April. I have plenty of time to get in it the tractor and tweak it but I can't find a part # to reference the seal. I found it in the service manual as part # 1213 i tried it a Toros parts page and zip. I need a part # to reference to at Toro to purchase one or a ID and OD of the seal for Napa. Plus does any one have any tips on how to remove them I was told they can be replaced with out having to disassemble the transaxle. I have only tried a seal tool so far and it was to big to fit in a pry it out.I also remember reading some were on the site there might be two seals per axle? a inner and outer ? any and all help is as always appreciated guys!! :whistle:

PS: I have a 3speed that needs them too if a part's# for that too :thumbs:

George

part number 100443 is for the 1 1/8 inch seal

part number 100863 is for the 1 inch seal

I just replaced these and they were about $5.00 each.

I took the tranny off and opened them up to do the replacement. But I have read about other who have picked out the old seal without haveing to pull the tranny. Good Luck

Here is a link to a previous post:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...61&hl=axle+seal

pfrederi

Axle seal 100443 crosses to CR 11050

Input shaft 5/8 100442 CR 6105

Brake Shaft 3/4"100441 CR 7410

poodle

thanks fellas I hope I'm smart enough to figure out how to do it with out pulling apart the trans axle :thumbs:

Rideawaysenior

It's easy. You can use almost anything to pull out the seal however I would recommend that you by a seal puller as they are inexpencive. An ok set of drivers can be purchased for not too great of cost too.

fordsonmajortom

Axle seal 100443 crosses to CR 11050

Input shaft 5/8 100442 CR 6105

Brake Shaft 3/4"100441 CR 7410

Tried to cross reference the CR part numbers in this country and my supplier is saying that all the CR part numbers should have 5 numbers not the 4 you have given for the input and brake shafts can you check these .

Thanks Michael :thumbs:

pfrederi

fordsonmajortom

Paul,

Thanks for the info about SKF taking over CR they managed to find the numbers using them as SKF numbers . I think one seal still has to come over the pond but there is no rush for it.

Michael.

poodle

well guys bad news!! I got the seals and even some spares for way cheaper at the local napa. But!! when I when to replace them I found that one of the axle bearings was bad and needs to be replaced.I have never taken one of these Transaxles apart and I think I should probably not start with an 8speed plus I don't won't to wreck up my new pulling transaxle so off to Don's it goes hopefully the bill won't be to bad and I'll have for the first pull in April.