JPWH

2 854 repair estimate needed.

JPWH

I have a parts estimate but the ins company is asking for a labor and paint estimate. I have this posted in 2 new projects thread also.

KIMG0890.jpg.85b383feee79b637ab4d74d72d9c95d8.jpg

KIMG0886.jpg.5662ba34c828a08d61ede808c874e739.jpg

KIMG0887.jpg.72770146c963238ab650f75e35e9f477.jpg

KIMG0889.jpg.fd9df1e40061a61eeba741eb4e8a872e.jpg

KIMG0885.jpg.121175806745fed8d78a1a1ccfd66941.jpg

elcamino/wheelhorse

I wish I could help went thru the same C--p when a Fex Ex truck killed my mail box. They were ok with me purchasing the material but waited a labor estimate from a company . Got the company to do the whole job. They charged $350.00 for a salt treated 4 x 4 and a black mail box, Fed Ex paid the bill.

• Like 2

JPWH

I'll play their silly little game for a little while.

• Like 3

ACman

Hang in there @JPWH ... I know there games too , delay , deny , defend :wacko: . They just want you to get frustrated and give up but it sounds as if you're sticking to your guns :handgestures-thumbupright: !

Edited by ACman
  • Like 2

slammer302

My dad paid a shop to do the hood on his 704 they changed him $100

JPWH

The longer they play the more they may have to pay because the more people I talk to the more educated I get. :D

Edited by JPWH
  • Like 7

rmaynard

Be careful what info is posted on this thread. Insurance companies are known to look at places like this to get an idea of what to value something that is not in their "books".  If you have someone who says they estimate the repairs to be $2000 dollars, and another who says $200, which one do you think they will favor? Just sayin' be aware.

• Like 7

N3PUY

You give the ins. co. a labor estimate and the ins. company's "adjuster" will make it what he wants it to be.  That's his job ... ADJUST!

Go to a local body shop and get the estimate.  Let them do the body work.  

I'ld guess 2 hoods painted at a shop will be $250 each.  They are professionals ... a job done right .... may cost even more.  

• Like 3

JPWH
12 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

Be careful what info is posted on this thread. Insurance companies are known to look at places like this to get an idea of what to value something that is not in their "books". 

Good point. I didn't think of that.

11 minutes ago, N3PUY said:

You give the ins. co. a labor estimate and the ins. company's "adjuster" will make it what he wants it to be.  That's his job ... ADJUST!

I'ld guess 2 hoods painted at a shop will be $250 each.  They are professionals ... a job done right .... may cost even more.  

I found a shop that will look at them in Atlanta.

• Like 1

DevonianHorse

What happened to them, if you don't mind me asking? I hope you can get it all sorted out! 

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Yes sir, Pandora box is now opened, by the insurance company.

Jay, when they ask you stuff, do your Sargent Schultz impersonation.

( I know nooothinnggg )

Watch out for traps, best of luck. Can't wait to follow this along.

Glenn

• Like 1

JPWH
21 minutes ago, DevonianHorse said:

What happened to them, if you don't mind me asking? I hope you can get it all sorted out! 

Trailer was rear ended. Look at 2 new projects thread. 

DevonianHorse
4 minutes ago, JPWH said:

Trailer was rear ended. Look at 2 new projects thread. 

That really sucks. I hope the repairs go well and best of luck sorting out the insurance. 

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

I work in a body shop and have been a glass man and sometimes bodyman for about 30 years. 

What we do is tear down the vehicle and do a full estimate after the insurance company gives a  half assed one. The reason they write a cheap one to start with is lots of people take the money and run. We right a supplement on top of their estimate. You really need to have a body shop or a tractor restoration shop look at the tractors. There will be more damage than just what you see. They will want to see the replacement hoods too. 

I am guessing they will only give the value of a restored tractor for them, not what it will cost to repair yours by a professional. 

Randy

• Like 3

JPWH
6 hours ago, RandyLittrell said:

I work in a body shop and have been a glass man and sometimes bodyman for about 30 years. 

What we do is tear down the vehicle and do a full estimate after the insurance company gives a  half assed one. The reason they write a cheap one to start with is lots of people take the money and run. We right a supplement on top of their estimate. You really need to have a body shop or a tractor restoration shop look at the tractors. There will be more damage than just what you see. They will want to see the replacement hoods too. 

I am guessing they will only give the value of a restored tractor for them, not what it will cost to repair yours by a professional. 

Randy

Thanks for the insight. Kind of my thoughts too. My wife says I should get 1000.00 per year I worked on it. 1500.00 total. lol

Edited by JPWH
  • Like 1

KC9KAS
10 hours ago, N3PUY said:

I was thinking this may be your best bet. The insurance co gets their "company" estimate and you get a professional paint job!

• Like 1

stevebo

Did you ask for them to pay your tractor "rental" bill? lol

• Like 2

JPWH
39 minutes ago, stevebo said:

Did you ask for them to pay your tractor "rental" bill? lol

Didn't think of that. I just want them to send an adjuster so I can start getting everything repaired.

• Like 1

Jrblanke

I'll throw this out there too. If the rest of the tractor has old paint, and the hood gets painted, it may not look right. So you may want to get an estimate on painting the whole tractor. with a break down of just the hood.

Edited by Jrblanke
  • Like 1

JPWH

The tractor that has old paint is a new acquisition an is getting torn down to every nut and bolt and repainted anyway.

• Like 1

ericj
2 hours ago, JPWH said:

The tractor that has old paint is a new acquisition an is getting torn down to every nut and bolt and repainted anyway.

they don't need to know that, loose a little on one and make up for it an another

3 hours ago, Jrblanke said:

I'll throw this out there too. If the rest of the tractor has old paint, and the hood gets painted, it may not look right. So you may want to get an estimate on painting the whole tractor. with a break down of just the hood.

just saying ......

eric j

• Like 1

wallfish

That really sucks your pride and joy took the hardest hit. I know from talking to you, that you are proud of that beautiful machine and all the hard work it took to get it like that. Unfortunately the insurance company probably treats something like this the same as the courts do when it comes to pets. Someone can kill your beloved family member and friend of 10 years and the only thing you're entitled to is what it cost as the puppy.

Here's to hoping they are fair with you.

• Like 2

JPWH

@wallfish The tractor can be fixed whether they pay or not. But I did have a lot of time in that hood. I think everything happens fort a reason who knows, it may be better than before. I'll just have to work harder this winter. (Did I tell you I don't like the cold?) LOL 

Im more concerned about my friends trailer. I'll fix it too if I have to or replace it.

Jay

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

Being that you both had the same insurance company that negates them trying to get out of paying. So really what they want is something from a professional shop so that they can justify the claim. 

Randy

• Like 1

JPWH

There is a 3rd vehicle at the back with another ins company that they say is at fault.