TravelinJavelin

953 shifter almost pulled out of tranny ....help!

TravelinJavelin

well you wait til I show you mine these look awesome compared to mine.........stand by for pics

GEDV0004 (1).JPG

GEDV0005 (1).JPG

GEDV0002 (2).JPG

GEDV0003 (2).JPG

Edited by TravelinJavelin
pics

TravelinJavelin

so is this shift stick any good or look for another? the dog screw will not thread enough to get it seated in or started........looking for options?

pfrederi

I would get a different one.   You could try driving the roll pin in from the front side to get your 1/8"  recess for the set screw, then file off the excess that may be hanging out the back.  Hard to tell but your dog point didn't look that great and it is supposed to have a jam nut (thin) not an extra thick one  that appears to be the case in your picture.

• Like 3

TravelinJavelin

yeah it looks like a mess well I just tried to file down the roll pin and put back in and worked pretty good for a couple of minutes and then got all sloppy again and found out now that had ground off to much so guess its time to look for another shift stick

stevasaurus

Paul is spot on with all he is telling you.  Take a roll pin punch and tap the roll pin in from the front to get 1/8" recess and file any from the back.  Try running a tap in the set screw hole.  I like to tighten the set screw into the shifter (snug) and back out 1/4 turn...hold with wrench while you tighten the lock nut.  If you think a new set screw would do it for you, PM me your address and I will send you one.  no charge  :)

• Like 3

TravelinJavelin

well if I could get a pic of your set screw to compare I guess what happened my roll pin I ground to much and the donut sinks a little to one side

stevasaurus

TravelinJavelin

pretty much the same thing yours looks a little longer but yeah willing to try it