Fbillma

416-h no crank no start

Fbillma

So I have a wheel horse 416-h.  Doesn't crank.  Turn the key nothing lights up but if you push the test button the circuit board proves out.  Using my test light I found I have no power on the ignition fuse(I believe that's it)  If I apply power to it, I can hear the relay click and my circuit board lights up with the engine oil flashing.  Ignition switch looks fine, wiring all looks intact.   Looking for some guidance here.  Or at least a schematic possibly.  

gwest_ca

What is the model number and serial number of your tractor? Should be on a decal under the left side of the seat. Failing that all the numbers off the engine decal would help.

Saying you have a 416-H is like saying you have a Ford. Too many different models.

5 different models over 8 years

Garry

953 nut

:WRS:              The first step in solving any electrical problem is to have the battery load tested at your favorite auto parts store. Next you will need to clean and tighten ALL electrical connections including grounds, this will resolve about ninety percent of electrical gremlins.

• Like 4

SylvanLakeWH

:text-yeahthat:

and :text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1

N3PUY

CHECK THE 9-PIN CONNECTOR

• Like 1

rmaynard

416-H should have a seat switch, PTO switch, and neutral safety switch in the start circuit. Any one of them could be the culprit.

• Like 1

Fbillma

Sorry been a while, finally had a chance to mess with it again.  Here's the sticker.  After looking at the ignition switch again found the one terminal is loose at the switch.  It says 111216 on it.  Would a local tractor supply have those?  I have known good battery in it. 9 pin connector looks solid.  

14991821838731413740276.jpg

gwest_ca

Garry

• Like 1

lynnmor

I've bought switches at NAPA.  Other auto supply stores might have them as well.