Jrblanke

Jrblanke's Big Show Pics

Vinylguy

Great images James!!

Thanks for sharing them. 

Vinylguy

• Like 9

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

James, thanks for the variety of pictures, you take nice shots. The scenery pictures were a bonus. Very beautifully area.

Glenn

• Like 7

608KEB

Very cool pictures! 

• Like 6

ACman

:text-yeahthat: + :text-+1: !!!

• Like 5

Ed Kennell

You are the photoman James.

Awesome pictures...thanks  for sharing and reminding me why I live in Pa.

Also spot on about the people....glad we had the opportunity to chat and reminisce.   

• Like 9

Racinbob

Outstanding pictures! Thank you. :handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 5

JC 1965

Great photos, thanks for sharing.   :thumbs2:

• Like 4

19richie66

I took the backroads to go visit my sister back in May and got stuck behind a logging truck on a two lane road. This went on for about 15 miles. I was pulling a trailer so rather than get impatient, I just focused on the scenery rather than the obstruction. Sometimes we miss out if we put our attention on the wrong things. I hope to take in some scenery next year on my way up. Thanks for taking the scenery shots. Sometimes a little green in a sea of red isn't a bad thing. :thumbs:

• Like 9

WHX??

Nice camera work Jr, thanks for taking us along! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 5

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Jrblanke Thanks for the pictures and comments and the sale of that heavy blade. If you could have stopped by my house this morning and unloaded for me that would have been better. That sucker is heavy ( need 2 men and a boy to move it ) , enjoyed meeting you. Hope you had a safe drive home. 95 was a bear yesterday.

• Like 5

953 nut
14 hours ago, Jrblanke said:

the show is more about the people than the tractors. The first time I went to the show a few years ago (I confess) it was 90% about the tractors, 10% about the people. This was my 3rd trip. It was 50% percent about the people, 25% about the tractors, and 25% about the pie. Y'all, the pie game was on point this year.

:text-yeahthat:                                                                                                                           :text-coolphotos:

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you and thank you for having hauled the 953 down to Van's house a couple of years back. Last year I was a first timer and in that 90/10 ratio but this year I've come closer to 50/50 tractors and people. Next year I hope to get to know a lot more people!

• Like 4

Wild Bill in VA

I am really glad you got a picture of the kids still driving the Wheel Horses in the rain ! Towards the end of the Cruise Night when it started to rain some people tried to call us in for a rain delay ...... I told a bunch of the kids that were still out there cruising with me that "mom ain't out here to tell us go in so were gonna keep right on playing" !:lol:   Well me and the 6 speed Lawn Ranger ended up having to  tow  a stranded hydro tractor pullin' a dump cart up to the main building to get them out of the rain of which at this time the clouds just poured water on us. Once inside we saw 4 kids still out there on their Wheel Horses just cruising in the rain ! :-o:P:happy-jumpeveryone:

Wild Bill in Richmond, VA.

• Like 6

wallfish

Nice pics, thanks for sharing them.

It was a complete surprise to see you since Van said you couldn't make it, glad you did and you're more than welcome to hang out in our tent shade again next year.

• Like 4

rtfbg
11 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

I took the backroads to go visit my sister back in May and got stuck behind a logging truck on a two lane road. This went on for about 15 miles. I was pulling a trailer so rather than get impatient, I just focused on the scenery rather than the obstruction. Sometimes we miss out if we put our attention on the wrong things. I hope to take in some scenery next year on my way up. Thanks for taking the scenery shots. Sometimes a little green in a sea of red isn't a bad thing. :thumbs:

Back in my truckin' days, I was illegal about 90% of the time, either hot freight, over weight, etc ... as such I had to sneak around the country on the back roads.  What a great way to see America.  So little is available to be seen from the interstate.  Take the little blue lines,eat at the local diners, stop at the corner gas stations ... it makes a better trip!!!

• Like 7

Ed Kennell

I usually have my GPS set on "shortest distance".   I am often amazed Garmin even knows some of these roads exist.

Last year after touring the Kentucky  bourbon distilleries, the "shortest distance" trip back to the hotel ended up being the long way home.

IMG_6277.JPG.da58f82510170fae789f6c32f3c88940.JPG

Garmin took me down a nice paved one lane road for about 3 mile, then it turned to dirt, but well maintained and scenic.

There was no sign of life....although several times I thought I heard  faint strains of dueling banjos. 

I ignored Mrs Ks advice and kept going for another couple miles where we encountered a creek w/o a bridge.

We, I mean I,  forded the stream and kept going ...2  more miles and another ford.  No problem...at least I could no longer hear the banjos over the screaming from Mrs. K. 

Another mile and a third ford....Uh..this one I could not see the bottom of the creek bed and Mrs K was all ready out of the van and backtracking on foot.

Yep, I caved in and turned around and switched Garmin to quickest way.

IMG_6279.JPG.54fb90739be660cbda6bbb92a8dbfdad.JPG

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 9

953 nut

Several years back we drove the Blue Ridge Parkway all the way from Cherokee NC to Fort Royal VA, two beautiful days of stress free driving.

• Like 6

Jrblanke
22 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:text-yeahthat:                                                                                                                           :text-coolphotos:

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you and thank you for having hauled the 953 down to Van's house a couple of years back. Last year I was a first timer and in that 90/10 ratio but this year I've come closer to 50/50 tractors and people. Next year I hope to get to know a lot more people!

No biggie! I'm sure our paths will cross sometime in the future. What did you end up doing with that 953?

22 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@Jrblanke Thanks for the pictures and comments and the sale of that heavy blade. If you could have stopped by my house this morning and unloaded for me that would have been better. That sucker is heavy ( need 2 men and a boy to move it ) , enjoyed meeting you. Hope you had a safe drive home. 95 was a bear yesterday.

That blade was heavy! I'm looking forward to whatever "redneck engineering" you do with it!

17 hours ago, wallfish said:

Nice pics, thanks for sharing them.

It was a complete surprise to see you since Van said you couldn't make it, glad you did and you're more than welcome to hang out in our tent shade again next year.

Thanks! Also, I checked out your cool small engines forum. Neat stuff!

Thanks everyone for all the cool road trip stories! Ed, I like your sense of adventure! My dad did the bourbon trail last year and loved it!

My wife and I have really enjoyed traveling in this "pre kid" time of marriage. Here are a couple pictures of our trip to California/Zion/Bryce/Grandcanyon/Tetons last year, and the sweet camper van we rented.

IMAG2995_zpsufnlnzso.jpgIMAG3119_zpswwq1dlru.jpg

IMAG3171_zpsjhg52w68.jpg

IMAG3295_zpswhugyjgg.jpg

IMAG4273_zpsaxes73yh.jpgIMAG4262_zpsox8lanbn.jpg

IMAG4288_zpsxhfsdrwv.jpg

IMAG4366_zps5dfscnvh.jpg

• Like 6

953 nut
47 minutes ago, Jrblanke said:

sure our paths will cross sometime in the future. What did you end up doing with that 953?

It is awaiting restoration which will begin soon! Now that my back is getting better and my wife's shoulder is healed up and I have finished the utility room cabinets there should be time.

52 minutes ago, Jrblanke said:

Zion/Bryce/Grandcanyon/Tetons

The summer of '74 I took a similar trip with a travel trailer, no time constraints, vacationed until I ran low on money then worked a few weeks and moved on to the next stop. I had no permanent home and no bills and no ties at the time. Every campground I stopped at provided more out of the way adventures I had never known existed. Our National Park System is this nation's greatest treasure!

• Like 3

stevasaurus

Excellent pictures JR...I'll look at scenery pictures anytime.  I love all those back road in Penn...WOW  :)

• Like 3

Ed Kennell
2 hours ago, Jrblanke said:

. Here are a couple pictures of our trip to California/Zion/Bryce/Grandcanyon/Tetons last year, and the sweet camper van we rented.

Mrs K and I  took the West tour also,  but we waited till the Kids left the nest. 

In Sept. 1989, Mark was a senior at Penn State and Mike was starting college as a Freshman at WVU.

We dropped Mike at Morgantown and kept on truckin West.  We pulled a pop up camper and like Richard, had no reservations but intended to tour as many National Parks as possible.    We basically started our tour  at Mt Rushmore and followed the Rockies South  to the Grand Canyon  Camping at 8-10 National Parks along the way.

It was 28 days later when we returned to Pa.   Some of those Western Sites were breath taking, but I was never able to capture them like you did James.

You are blessed with a real talent.     Thanks again for sharing.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 3

Jrblanke
24 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Mrs K and I  took the West tour also,  but we waited till the Kids left the nest. 

In Sept. 1989, Mark was a senior at Penn State and Mike was starting college as a Freshman at WVU.

We dropped Mike at Morgantown and kept on truckin West.  We pulled a pop up camper and like Richard, had no reservations but intended to tour as many National Parks as possible.    We basically started our tour  at Mt Rushmore and followed the Rockies South  to the Grand Canyon  Camping at 8-10 National Parks along the way.

It was 28 days later when we returned to Pa.   Some of those Western Sites were breath taking, but I was never able to capture them like you did James.

You are blessed with a real talent.     Thanks again for sharing.

Sounds like a great time! My wife and I hope to have a camper one day. Our goal is to go to all the national parks. In fact, that is the theme of our baby room (well, world travel is, not just national parks). Thanks for the complements on the pictures. Having digital cameras where you can take hundreds of shots (for free) makes it much easier than using older cameras that use film. Its much easier now to take multiple shots, adjust settings, and let the camera do the work. Also, when you have beautiful scenery, it's easier to take a nice shot. Thanks for the complements!

• Like 4