JPWH

I will be looking for an 854 gas tank and 2 854 hoods in the near future. I will post in the classifieds but I needed to know if anyone has one or all of these items for sale to give a number to the insurance adjuster. 

Thanks,

Jay.

20170625_154025.jpg.53cdcc57d7b13c82ad86baf30ef15901.jpg

20170625_154035.jpg.023fa484be0f7a004e486489c6cbf6fd.jpg

SPINJIM

I think I admired your WHs at the Show.   What happened there?    Someone rear-end you, and jump up over the tail of the trailer?   Hope everyone is okay, other than the horses.

Jim

• Like 4

rmaynard

Wow, that doesn't look good. Hope everyone is okay. I'm curious to see if the insurance adjuster will pay you not only for a couple of hoods, but for the 1000 hours it will take to redo the body work on the show queen.  As for the trailer, that looks like a Carry-On, just like mine. Weakest part is the way the gate latches. Always thought about diagonal struts from the sides of the gate down to the floor to give it some more support in case of an incident just like this.

• Like 4

JPWH

All parties are ok. My wife had just started driving about 5 min before it happened. She said she will never pull a trailer again. It happened on 85 near Spartenburg, SC. A woman In a Nissan SUV hit the trailer and a girl in a Tacoma hit the Nissan which hit the trailer again. Im also curious to see what the adjuster says.

Edited by JPWH
  • Like 1

JPWH
24 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

Wow, that doesn't look good. Hope everyone is okay. I'm curious to see if the insurance adjuster will pay you not only for a couple of hoods, but for the 1000 hours it will take to redo the body work on the show queen.  As for the trailer, that looks like a Carry-On, just like mine. Weakest part is the way the gate latches. Always thought about diagonal struts from the sides of the gate down to the floor to give it some more support in case of an incident just like this.

As far as the trailer I think heavier latch pins would have slowed it down some. They snapped like shear pins. Then the trailer bumper should have been heavy channel instead of 3/16 angle.

rjg854

ahhhh man, that stinks Jay, I know the amount of time and work you put into that 854.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:text-imsorry: Know they will be back.  

You can't keep a good :wh: down. 

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

OUCH!

Glad all are OK.

• Like 1

953 nut

That sure isn't the picture I anticipated seeing when I opened this thread.   :text-imsorry:   Glad no one was hurt.

Hope your insurance agent will be a strong advocate for you. Take both of your :wh: to your friendly local auto body shop for an estimate. I did this with a mail box I had built in the likeness of an small block Chevt V8 with headers years back; got six times what the insurance first said they would pay!

Hope the friend who loaned you the trailer comes out with a stronger trailer as a result too.

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

@&it happens.   :auto-crash:    Sorry for the horses, but glad no people were hurt.

• Like 5

Tgtack

So sorry, fortunately everyone is okay. If anyone's neck even feels the slightest uncomfortable, get it checked. If you inform the adjuster your getting checked out medically, they become far more agreeable to damage losses. I just got an estimate having a hood and fender pan cleaned up from minor dents and painted, and using my paint it was $500.

• Like 5

WHX??

That really does sucki Hank....what a lousy thing to have happen after a good time at the show. Hopefully your wife isn't too turned off with running a trailer again. To get some kinda good out of this is the reminder to all of us to be real carefull when hauling our horses. Tell  your adjuster you got some buddies who like to form a lynching party if he don't see things our way! Keep your spirits up and us posted.

• Like 4

BOB ELLISON

Jay I'm so sorry, I know that  you are sad for your horse's. Both thank GOD that it could have been far worse. And to think I sat there by you and we talked about those 2 horse's and the paint job you did on it.

But there still alive, they just need some surgery  and a couple  transplants.

• Like 4

rmaynard

My insurance agent asked me to give him a replacement value on all of my tractors. I told him that I would have to place a value of about $3000.00 on each. Now that may seem high for a couple of round hoods and some mid frames, but if a value is established and placed into the policy, when it comes time to make a claim, things are much more in your favor. Hopefully I'll never need to make a claim.

• Like 5

ACman

Good luck JP I know how it is dealing with insurance companies ... IMG_2018.GIF.33598fc4d8c32e31e4f4a1597d7deaaf.GIF . Glad everyone is ok .

• Like 4

JPWH

I just got back from the insurance company. The lady that hit me has the same insurer. If they use our local claim adjuster I may be in luck. He also restores old tractors. I had 2 body shops look at it and they both said they could not give an estimate on parts they would have to rely on his knowledge. Once they have the replacement parts they could estimate body work and paint.

• Like 6

Tgtack

Those 854 hoods are a bear to come by, I swapped a 701 hood for an 854 hood at the show to A-Z tractors. He might have another one or two.

• Like 2

Achto

Sorry about the bad luck. Really glad that every one was OK. Machines can usually be fixed.

• Like 3

squonk

I was on 81 going to the hotel on Wed. and the traffic came to a screeching halt a couple of times. All I could think of is getting rear ended. I'd like to find a different route to get down there. It may add an hour to the trip but it may be worth it. I'll keep my eye out for parts around here. Let us know if you find them. 

• Like 2

953 nut
4 hours ago, WHX11 said:

Tell  your adjuster you got some buddies who like to form a lynching party if he don't see things our way

:text-yeahthat:

posse.jpg.8630d9bc31680580bc7c8f669bcc4f64.jpg

• Like 7

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

holy smokes, Jay hope you folks are ok.

you will get them tractors back to perfect, just hope your good.

Glenn

• Like 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

Jay sorry that your tractors got messed up , glad you and your wife are ok. I hate driving on the interstates any more , always seems that there are too much traffic and too few lanes. Of course texting and talking on the phone while driving do not help a bit. Hope that every thing works out in your favor.

Edited by elcamino/wheelhorse
  • Like 3

JPWH
1 hour ago, squonk said:

I'll keep my eye out for parts around here. Let us know if you find them. 

Thanks Mike. I appreciate it. I will keep you informed.

56 minutes ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

holy smokes, Jay hope you folks are ok.

you will get them tractors back to perfect, just hope your good.

Glenn

Thank God no one was hurt. I have a year to repair them and finish my current build. They may be hoodless but they will be as far as I can go. lol

• Like 3

Aldon

Jay I am sorry to see that you suffered through this. But glad you are all OK. Bummer!

• Like 5

Tgtack
5 hours ago, squonk said:

I was on 81 going to the hotel on Wed. and the traffic came to a screeching halt a couple of times. All I could think of is getting rear ended. I'd like to find a different route to get down there. It may add an hour to the trip but it may be worth it. I'll keep my eye out for parts around here. Let us know if you find them. 

We came back via 234 to 15 to 76. A little longer mileage and toll, but way faster than coming down the mountain on a two lane with a 9% grade and heavy trucks creeping at 15 mph for 20 miles.

Next year we will run the tpke all the way to 15 then down to 234 (coming from west).