Midwestfoodplot

Cam Plate

Midwestfoodplot

I have a c-160, I am looking for a cam plate to replace the plastic one that broke this weekend. Does anyone know the part number or know where I could buy one? 

Thanks,

IMG_0311.JPG

R. L. Addison

The plastic piece is a cam, pt# 5996, don't think it will be too hard to find. If no one has a spare, I may be able to dig one up from somewhere, but not sure.

daveoman1966

I have the NEW cam plate you need.  It is part # 5996.  pm sent with details

001.JPG

002.JPG

• Like 2

Midwestfoodplot

Thanks fellas,

i ordered 2 of them @$13 a piece. What is the best way to replace one of these? Take the 2 metal retainers (guides) off with the 2 small screws and put the new one in? the philips head on them is stripped out on mine..

R. L. Addison

You will have to take out the actuation ball on the control linkage.  I usually pick something out like that with a very sharp center punch, and do it very gently. Most of the time they will loosen up, then needlenose or very small pliers should work once they are free.

If I was going to do the job, I would seriously have to look at replacing the phillips head screws with socket head cap screws (allen wrench heads).

Midwestfoodplot
12 hours ago, R. L. Addison said:

You will have to take out the actuation ball on the control linkage.  I usually pick something out like that with a very sharp center punch, and do it very gently. Most of the time they will loosen up, then needlenose or very small pliers should work once they are free.

If I was going to do the job, I would seriously have to look at replacing the phillips head screws with socket head cap screws (allen wrench heads).

I'll have to give that a go, appreciate it