ohiofarmer

Looking at a C-141

ohiofarmer

We went to a little town yesterday that had lawn mower races, demo derby, and also some nice tractor pulls and to top it off, Go-kart racing.

It was fun to see how some of the guys modded their tractors, but not a Wheel Horse in the bunch.

Just in conversation, I was looking at a kart and talking about what they do to make stuff work, and somehow it came up that i liked the older horses.  This guy has one that came with his house that he has never used and it is a c-141 with a front blade.  He says that the engine runs or ran, but smokes some. 

Two hundred takes it. i need to finish up the drive shaft bearings in the truck. It is only two miles from my house......  There is even a deck but no blades or spindles, so it sounds like a definite bargain if just for parts

• Like 2

Sparky

Yep, I would be all over that tractor! If it has a front blade it must have the axle bracket, that's a plus, maybe wheel weights?

Mine.....

• Like 1

ohiofarmer

Don't want to count my chickens before they are hatched, i already have the axle brackets that came with the Raider, but did not buy the blade he had in the barn, [this was a couple of years ago.] I have a 883 Bobcat, so I really do not have a lot of use for a blade.  A blade would make a tractor sell better just like the snowblower that i have in the barn

I was wondering how likely a smoking engine would be due to valves instead of rings.   In  any case, it sure seems like a great deal even if I go the asking price.

• Like 1

ohiofarmer

The seller is out of town for his job and I have to wait to see [and hopefully buy] it.  

The suspense is killing me..

• Like 2

ohiofarmer

It's in the stable.  Motor is not frozen or anything like that. Just a nice garage kept survivor.   Everything about the no rust plow blade is there, including the mounts.   Everything about the tractor is there except the points cover. Two sets of blades. one set for a double d  pulley, and one set for a 5/8 center hole and some blades are brand new. Motor oil and tranny fluid look great! So that means the last owner did that as the guy who bought the house did not touch it. The deck has the mounting hardware, but no blade spindles.  Very nice shape and definitely garage kept for all its life. It appears that the lift cylinder is all there.

i gave him the $200.00 asking price and he was happy that he got to sell it in the neighborhood... ... Commented on all the drama dealing with CL people and stopped listing it. Happy, i am. This might work out to be the best one in the herd.  Pictures are coming , because I know I will see this if they don't:wwp:

I want to tear into it, but the raider 10 just developed a carb issue and i have to mow yard. The last few weeks, I had to choke it a bit for it to run the bes

• Like 1

Sparky

:wwp: ............ :ychain:

Mike....

• Like 1

Dakota8338

It sounds like your are living right, Ohiofarmer.  That was a steal!  I would bet money that the spindles for the deck are also there somewhere, if someone not knowing what they were threw them away. 

I hope you have a tractor that will provide you much useful service for many years to come.  Rebuilding the Kholer engines on the C141's is a very simple task.

• Like 1

oliver2-44

Earn valve stems and valve guides can cause it to smoke. But if there worn the cylinder. Is also probable worn

jay bee

No matter what...You did GOOD!!! :beer:

Jim

• Like 1

pfrederi

C-141 Picture  :wwp:

c141-8.jpg

• Like 1