Jump to content
stevebo

Featured Tractor 2018 Big Show

Recommended Posts

Didn't hear any announcement at the show Steve. but the latest WHCC news letter did say CUSTOMS .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ed Kennell said:

Didn't hear any announcement at the show Steve. but the latest WHCC news letter did say CUSTOMS .

Ed-

The newsletter was an add from a few years ago about safety when they mentioned customs. The 2018 featured tractor is not customs. Anyone know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any Anniversary model.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:scratchead: Is this one?  :dunno:

IMG_6886.JPG.9c7265ec5363d0e6ae9062953806e1ce.JPG

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, that one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it is the Anniversary Tractors. It was announced at the membership meeting on Friday.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe someone smarter than I can post a list of what anniversary models there are? We may also want to start a thread with only aniversary models.... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, buckrancher said:

25th, 50th and 60th

 

What years would that correlate to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, cschannuth said:

 

What years would that correlate to?

I think the 25th would be the 1981 GT-2500 anniversary model. 

 Anyone?? 🤔

Mike....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, stevebo said:

Maybe someone smarter than I can post a list of what anniversary models there are? We may also want to start a thread with only aniversary models.... 

No way am I smarter than Stevebo, but here is a little food for thought!

I guess "Anniversary edition" could be defined in several ways. 1946 was the year Pond Tractors started with two wheeled walk behinds;  1954 began the production of four wheeled tractors, but 1953 seems to be the first year the "Wheel Horse" name was used for a Pond Tractor though the 1957 RJ had the Pond name cast into the chain cover and Wheel Horse on the hood. 1958 was the first year for Wheel Horse without the Pond name.     Soooooo....... based on 1946 a 1956, 1966, 1971, 1996      OR       based on 1953 a 1963, 1973, 1978, 2003     OR     based on 1954 a 1964, 1974, 2004     OR    based on 1957 a 1967, 1977, 1982,  2007    OR    based on 1958 a 1968, 1988, 1993 , 2008  could be considered an "Anniversary edition"    

 

Image result for I'm so confused

 

Cecil Pond was an American businessman, inventor, and entrepreneur. He was the founder of Wheel Horse Products Co. Inc., and was the primary inventor of the modern American Garden Tractor and riding mower.

Pond was born in South Bend, Indiana, to Elmer and Ann Marie Pond. He graduated from South Bend's former Washington-Clay High School, and served in the U.S. Army during World War II. In 1946, Pond returned to South Bend and in June of that year, married Betty Alber Pond. Mr. & Ms. Pond were the parents of three children: son Gary Pond, and two daughters, Linda and Constance.

1946 saw the beginnings of Pond's manufacturing future. Pond joined his father Elmer, who at the time was building two-wheel lawn tractors (which the operator would walk behind) from angle iron, surplus motorcycle and automotive parts in his garage. At first, the Ponds' company was simply called Pond Tractor Company; however, they discovered another family member owned a similarly-named company. "Wheel Horse" was then chosen, and the name stayed with the company even after its acquisition by Toro.

In the late forties, military veterans returning from World War II began moving to the vast new suburbs then transforming the American landscape. Their suburban homes had larger lots that demanded more attention—and the Ponds' riding mower found many ready buyers as a result.

In 1954, Pond introduced his first 4-wheel lawn tractor, an event which altered substantially the lawn care manufacturing business.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

OK let me scratch head here BUT as I remember the 25th Anniversary (silver decal, Brigg and Stratton engine) came out in 1982, for some reason the dating was not numerically correct. And of course there was the 50th and 60th edition tractors (2005 and 2006).

Wild Bill in Richmond, VA.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

No way am I smarter than Stevebo, but here is a little food for thought!

I guess "Anniversary edition" could be defined in several ways. 1946 was the year Pond Tractors started with two wheeled walk behinds;  1954 began the production of four wheeled tractors, but 1953 seems to be the first year the "Wheel Horse" name was used for a Pond Tractor though the 1957 RJ had the Pond name cast into the chain cover and Wheel Horse on the hood. 1958 was the first year for Wheel Horse without the Pond name.     Soooooo....... based on 1946 a 1956, 1966, 1971, 1996      OR       based on 1953 a 1963, 1973, 1978, 2003     OR     based on 1954 a 1964, 1974, 2004     OR    based on 1957 a 1967, 1977, 1982,  2007    OR    based on 1958 a 1968, 1988, 1993 , 2008  could be considered an "Anniversary edition"    

 

Image result for I'm so confused

 

Cecil Pond was an American businessman, inventor, and entrepreneur. He was the founder of Wheel Horse Products Co. Inc., and was the primary inventor of the modern American Garden Tractor and riding mower.

Pond was born in South Bend, Indiana, to Elmer and Ann Marie Pond. He graduated from South Bend's former Washington-Clay High School, and served in the U.S. Army during World War II. In 1946, Pond returned to South Bend and in June of that year, married Betty Alber Pond. Mr. & Ms. Pond were the parents of three children: son Gary Pond, and two daughters, Linda and Constance.

1946 saw the beginnings of Pond's manufacturing future. Pond joined his father Elmer, who at the time was building two-wheel lawn tractors (which the operator would walk behind) from angle iron, surplus motorcycle and automotive parts in his garage. At first, the Ponds' company was simply called Pond Tractor Company; however, they discovered another family member owned a similarly-named company. "Wheel Horse" was then chosen, and the name stayed with the company even after its acquisition by Toro.

In the late forties, military veterans returning from World War II began moving to the vast new suburbs then transforming the American landscape. Their suburban homes had larger lots that demanded more attention—and the Ponds' riding mower found many ready buyers as a result.

In 1954, Pond introduced his first 4-wheel lawn tractor, an event which altered substantially the lawn care manufacturing business.

 

I have a 701, 606, 857, and a '78 C-161. I guess I need some Anniversary decals. LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, stevebo said:

Maybe someone smarter than I can post a list of what anniversary models there are? We may also want to start a thread with only aniversary models.... 

You ain't got one so its high time you get one.... or two.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 1996 gold-trimmed 416-H is an anniversary edition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ken B said:

You ain't got one so its high time you get one.... or two.

Nope ... no anniversary additions here...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's get the WIKI area populated with all he information on the Anniversary models!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The featured tractors would be the tractors MARKETED as anniversary tractors. Like Buckranger stated 25th 50th and 60th.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×