TravelinJavelin

finally got my 953 up running....temporarily

TravelinJavelin

well after much awaited time and other B.S. getting in the way I finally had some extra cash to get a new battery, drive belt, and a few other things got to drive for the first time and well I love it but discovered will have to get a oil pan gasket ......its leaking so bad the compression blowing by right through it so kept stalling so anyway will have one coming I found at least the electrical all works good the headlights work, then I had a issue with the drive belt trying to get to stop while clutching to shift finally worked itself out of it for some reason it seemed to work better after I put the guard back on also discovered third gear if not shifted correct would bind or something and would stall out if you let the clutch out then managed to get in but anyways getting the bugs out of it also set the back rest out more to accommodate me but I really like this tractor

• Like 2

dells68

Enjoy it man!  I just got mine running about 2 weeks ago, after at least 10 years of sitting.  Ran it a lot at the Big Show and the more I ran it, the better it ran.  Probably my favorite tractor so far!

• Like 1

TravelinJavelin

what I like about is the length and wheel height and my hydraulics work good minus the return spring but that's nothing would love to find a snowplow set up for this also and sleeve hitch stuff for plowing gardens and harrowing and sort of stuff

• Like 1

953 nut
17 hours ago, TravelinJavelin said:

worked itself out of it for some reason it seemed to work better after I put the guard back on

Glad you got it going, the belt guard helps stop the belt when you push the clutch down.

• Like 2

TravelinJavelin

I had my friend over today to look at it real quick and says the carb all messed up so we'll take that off and clean it up and go from there