Kirbyhorse

314-8 Drive belt problems

N3PUY

My neighbor broke the same gear last year.  He was stuck in a hole and did something .... then came to me.

5954160ec4060_IMG_0878(800x600).jpg.294c228cf1655933f1c975e3983c6894.jpg

59541616a9815_IMG_0879(800x600).jpg.e01fcbf15dd6ec42bb4aee7a4887afed.jpg

• Like 1

Kirbyhorse

The manual tells me to remove this plug with a screw driver, but I'm not sure how, any tips for removal?

IMG_0370.JPG

• Like 1

stevasaurus

It is just a plug...probably 1/8"...stick a screw driver or something in there and pop it out.  You need this hole to be open 1/4" to put the detente balls and spring back together when the time comes.  You may be able to pop it out from the inside...not sure...but just dig it out.  When it is done, I like to put a dab of silicone calk in there...after we are done putting your trans back together.  :)

N3PUY...are you kidding me...that is exactly the same thing that is going on with Shawn.  Very cool.  I had to go back and look and see if it was the same trans and noticed it was a different trans...WOW.  :)

Kirbyhorse

Alright I got the plug out and the shifter forks and rails out and can pull the input shaft out

IMG_0378.JPG

stevasaurus

Excellent, take a couple of pictures of the parts that you think are no good.  We will find the part numbers and start looking for replacement parts  Make sure no bits are down there where that hi/low mechanism is.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

N3PUY

The gears that I needed for repair were over $600.   A friend gave me his broken 1" axle transmission (axle broke off in the diff) and it had everything I needed for repair at "$0" cost.  Problem is the trans is still on the bench 4 months later.  Oh... I did buy a new gasket.  

• Like 1