608KEB

C-120 not charging

608KEB

My C120 is not charging. I switched batteries. Hoping that was the case. It's not. What should I test or look at next.

1498327944718877187322.jpg

pfrederi

Check the voltage while running should be over 14v.  Check eh regulator make sure it is well grounded to the tractor (run a jumper wire from eh regulator fins tot eh battery negative post.  Still not getting 14volts.  check stator output.  find the connector in the three wire bundle that goes from the engine to dash area. Back probe the engines side of the connector on the 2 white wires.  Set you meter to AC start it up and run at 2/3 throttle should show at least 30 Volts AC. If it does then the regulator is the issue

608KEB

Turns out the amp meter  posts needed to be cleaned. I also made sure the regulator was grounded. No problems  for now. I'll report back if I have problems  again. 

6bg6ga

That was a good quick fix. Sometimes the power of observation works wonders.

glenn27

So many times with these older machines--it's the really simple things that xcreate the headaches--bad or loose connections most so--at least for me.

I go back and solder/then heat shrink any connections I have to fix--matter of fact --chasing down an electrical gremlin of my own C120A this week--mine relates  to starting the the PTO switch/connector...

anyway good quick find on your problem--608Keb..:greetings-clappingyellow:..

glenn