69-Raider-10

The 69 Raider 10 getting a makeover. Almost Done!

Hello all. Just wanted to share a few pics of my 69' Raider 10 at roughly 85% complete! Still debating whether or not I want to totally repaint the tins or just wet sand and hit it with clear. I'm not doing an all original resto. Just repowering with a K181 thats been torn down and cleaned, new seals and gaskets, electrical connectors, wire replacement (about 90%), gas lines, points and condenser, rebuilt carb, and primed/painted. 

While I had that on the bench I rewired the chasis, scraped/cleaned/painted the tank tray, dash, various other parts, new nuts/bolts as needed, new tank, rewired lights with LED bulbs, new headlight cover, and LED tail-light. 

Some of the custom mods:

All new stickers made to OEM specs ,

New Ags and rims for the back, new tires / rims on the front, stack muffler (Not pictured I think), and here is the one thing I did that I couldn't be happier with....I added a red LED light mounted on the dash wired straight to the ignition switch. When that key is on the light is on. No more running my battery dead by bumping the key when I get off, or just flat out leaving it on! I highly recommend this as it's already saved my keester about 4 times and I haven't even fired the motor. LOL. 

Now that I'm a supporter I can fire away with the pics! Wait for my next post. I just picked up a C120 that's been sitting in a barn for 35 years. I LOVE IT! :D

Any advice on the final steps of making the changeover from SS to Points? I'm using the Kohlers ignition switch and wiring. I'd love to replace it though. Any idea where to get a replacement? Thanks all! 🤘✌

20170612_212918.jpg

20170612_213130.jpg

20170612_213153.jpg

20170612_213101.jpg

20161222_145826.jpg

More pics..

20160915_190442.jpg

20161006_213347.jpg

20161118_211857.jpg

• Like 6

Looking good!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Wind Gap Wheel Horse
      Good Afternoon,

I have a 42" dozer blade for 1970-1973 tractors. According to the interchange list, this will fit on the following models: Workhorse, Raiders, Chargers, 800 Series, Broncos, and Electro. 

Willing to sell or trade for a blade that will work on my 312-8s. I would say its in good condition. 

Text or email if you have any interest. Will be willing to meet somewhere if distance is too far. 

Not sure of the value, so if I'm way off, please let me know. 

Thanks in advance.

• By Clay Dodson
      RAINES AUCTIONS **LIVE AUCTION SEPT 16TH @ 10:00 AM WITH PREVIEW FRIDAY 9:00-5:00 AND ON SATURDAY @ 8:00 AM UNTIL AUCTION TIME**   <CLICK HERE FOR PARTIAL CATALOG>      ^^PRE REGISTER NOW TO AVOID LONG LINES ON THE MORNING OF THE AUCTION.  CALL KATIE AT 540 775 3880, SHE WILL ISSUE YOU A BIDDERS NUMBER.  THEN JUST SHOW YOUR ID AND PICK UP YOUR BID CARD ON FRIDAY AFTERNOON OR SATURDAY MORNING^^           See below for 3 preview videos of the BIGGEST selection ever of Farm Tractors, Garden & Yard Tractors, Riding & Push Mowers, Implements, Bush Hogs, Finish Mowers, Chain Saws, Weed Eaters, Generators, Snow Blowers, Chippers, Tillers and tons MORE all SOLD ABSOLUTE RAIN OR SHINE!!!!    Including 80+ Wheel Horse Tractors, Wheel Horse Raider Models 10, 12, 211-4, 656, 416-8, C-160, Wheel Horse Charger Models 12, GT-14, A100, C160, D160, D200 w/blade, 310 B, 856, 317, 332, 854, 212-6, 211-5, 520-8, 211-3, C-120, Lawn Ranger,  Antique & Rare Tractors including David Bradley Suburbans, Panzer T707 & Chain Driven Bolens, John Deere Models 650, 110, 112 L, 70, 420, 214, 316, 317, 318, 160, 111, 116, 212, 216, 332, Massey Ferguson 135 Diesel, Economy Power Kings & Jim Dandy models 1614, 2414, 2418 & others, Ford, 2 Yanmar 1500 & 2000, Simplicity Models 725 w/blade, 9020, 6216, Baron 7014, 7114, 2210, 3414, 637, 3012, 3410, 728, 3415, 3314, 7116, 7117, 5116 Special, 6211, 9020, Early Speedex Chain Driven Tractor, Scarce Very Clean Pennsylvania Meteor Model 1010, Gravely, Allis Chalmers, Case, Turf Trac, Toro, Cub Cadet, Troy Bilt, Honda, Craftsman and many many others.    ***CLICK HERE FOR PREVIEW VIDEO #1***   ***PREVIEW VIDEO #2***   ****PREVIEW VIDEO #3***     ##LOAD OUT TERMS ARE AS FOLLOWS## THERE WILL BE AN INDEPENDENT PERSON LOADING OUT LARGE MOWERS & TRACTORS FOR $10 PER UNIT IF YOU NEED THAT SERVICE.  DUE TO THE LACK OF ROOM, THERE WILL BE *NO* LOADING USING LARGE EQUIPMENT UNTIL AFTER 2:00 PM. WE WILL SELL THE TRACTORS & EQUIPMENT IN THE FRONT AREA FIRST SO LOAD OUT CAN START ONCE WE ARE DONE WITH THAT AREA, ABOUT 2:00 PM.  YOU WILL ALSO BE ABLE TO LOAD OUT ALL DAY SUNDAY, MONDAY AND TUESDAY THE 19TH UNTIL 5:00 PM.  AT THAT POINT, ANY ITEMS LEFT BEHIND WILL BE SALVAGED UNLESS YOU HAVE PRIOR PERMISSION FROM THE AUCTIONEERS, RAY RAINES OR CLAY DODSON.   ^^SPECIAL RATES AT THE ZION CROSSROADS BEST WESTERN (WHICH IS ONLY 3 MILES FROM THE SALE) IF YOU MENTION RAINES AUCTIONS^^  CALL 540 832 1700 AND REMEMBER TO MENTION RAINES AUCTIONS TO SAVE$$$~     **CLICK HERE FOR HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS SUGGESTIONS**    Mark your calendar now for this Colossal auction that is not to be missed~    Ray Raines Auctions VA License #3395
    • By 69-Raider-10
      Followed up the Trailblazer 7 purchase with another good CL find. This one is a REALLY good one. Picked up a 68' Raider 12  That came with wheel weights, chains, 48" deck in insanely good condition, and a dump cart with hydraulics! I'm not sure if the cart is an actual Wheel horse, it could be but the tires aren't right. Obviously the hydraulics aren't original. Either way, I paid the equivalent of buying the cart and wheel weights at Fair market value. I couldn't believe it made it past 24 hours. Nice to know I don't have much competition in the area! 
      Couple of questions on the setup of this beast. My buddy thinks it was a pulling tractor. It has the rear wheel hub extensions (which I don't mind at all. Looks slick if you ask me), it also has a modified throttle body which works fantastic and is a thousand times better than the twist-lock cable, it had a homemade steering tensioner at the base of the steering wheel made from a spring and half a coffee can lid to protect the paint, and the footboards have extensions off the front sides. The fella I bought it from got the tractor from his uncle who I'm guessing passed away because he didn't have much info on the tractor at all. He wasn't sure why things were setup like they were. Certainly explains why the deck is pretty much mint. I swear those blades are original. Overall, the thing runs like a top and purs like a kitten with the modified muffler. 
      Will the 48" deck mount up on my attachomatic setup on my 69' Raider? That's the other thing, take a look at this rear. There are no latches.
      Thanks in advance for any info! 

• By mcurran
      I have finally finished the restoration on my 72 Raider. I want to thank FunEngineer, Vinyl Guy, A-Z Tractor, and most of all, Glen Pettit.

• By Conner Anderson
      I own a Charger 9, it is a 68 and I am wondering what I should ask for it. 
      I personally want to trade it, just cannot find anything worth my efforts.
      I found a younger gentleman in his 20's, he's over 650 miles away from me and he has himself a raider 12, I want it just he wants two tractors for it. 
      I personally feel my Charger is worth more than 250, as it is one of a kind.
      Please, let me know.