WVHillbilly520H

My Craig's List find today.

doc724

looks great to me.  First time you run it thru the earth the moldboard will be nice and shiny.  The tip looks fine to me as well.  I had one a few years back and I could not even give it away up here in MA.  Finally sent it to a good home in a package deal with tractor, deck, snow plow, harrow and the moldboard plow for $1250 back in 2011.

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, doc724 said:

I had one a few years back and I could not even give it away up here in MA.  Finally sent it to a good home in a package deal with tractor, deck, snow plow, harrow and the moldboard plow for $1250 back in 2011.

Yep, that's what I did with the one from last year packaged it with the 520xi with  a clevis hitch I sold 3 months ago, it was just a bit more work than I wanted to do for something that may get used once every 2 years, Jeff.

• Like 1

WHX??

You did real good Jeffery....usually around 150 for one 

What size is it...looks to be a 10 in but might be a 12?

• Like 3

JAinVA

Jeff, 

You did great! The plow is really nice for the price! CL steals are out there but you gotta look everyday.You must have got and read the memo.Luck,JAinVA

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H
7 hours ago, WHX11 said:

You did real good Jeffery....usually around 150 for one 

What size is it...looks to be a 10 in but might be a 12?

10", yeah most I've come across have been in the $100+ range, I guess that makes up some for missing the big show this weekend ,Jeff.

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 1

JPWH

You did good. Seen a few at the show 150.00 and.up.

• Like 1

reds8710

lol I can't tell the wife this but after reading this post you've got me scrolling my local CL looking for deals like this one. Good find my friend, I just seen one local to me for 180 bucks. I feel like if I'm spending that much, I'd be better off to buy elsewhere. 

• Like 1

reds8710
1 hour ago, reds8710 said:

lol I can't tell the wife this but after reading this post you've got me scrolling my local CL looking for deals like this one. Good find my friend, I just seen one local to me for 180 bucks. I feel like if I'm spending that much, I'd be better off to buy elsewhere. 

Of course I need to head on over to the vendor section and pick myself up a nice rockshaft kit and sleeve hitch bracket first. Perhaps I can sweet talk her into a Christmas box of Wheel Horse parts. 🤞My dad would get a kick out of this "horse-diction" I've got, he had the same thing except it was John Deere 2 cylinders instead. 

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
11 minutes ago, reds8710 said:

🤞My dad would get a kick out of this "horse-diction" I've got, he had the same thing except it was John Deere 2 cylinders instead. 

Yeah sorta got thisway from my dad as he had 4 Cub Cadet originals at one time, and lots of attachments, I had 3 520Hs and 2 Xi's (523Dxi that was supposed to be an easy fix that turned out more than I was willing to invest) last year now down to 2 520s (the anniversary model I bought brand new in 1998) and a Mahindra eMax SCUT it is addictive but time saver so that's how I talk my wife into them and you just can't do all seasons with a ZTR, Jeff.

IMAG2480.jpg

IMAG2970.jpg

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 5

reds8710

WV, that's a nice looking herd and place you've got there my friend. An SCUT with a bucket would be handy for sure along with the Horses. I've only got about a quarter acre here so I'd have some trouble justifying more than my one Horse. I would love more land, but since my father passed away, I've been taking care of my mom's place also, which is around 2 acres and a 30-40 minute drive away. Working all that mowing and clean up into my already busy full time work week makes me feel better about not having so much to take care of at our place. If it were only us I had to concern about, I'd like more land. That was my initial draw to garden tractors in general. You don't need a very big slice of land for their useful purpose to still be present. Picked up an older single stage snow thrower this summer, and been looking into possibly getting more attachments down the road. My wish list seems to be growing faster than my wallet can take it. Haha

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

There's a total of 11 acres here, 3 my wife's and mine 6 her parents' (that FIL mows with a ZTR) and 2 her brother's, then 14 acres back home in WV that's my parents' and mine (3 Cub Cadets and a Kioti compact to handle that), picture from the top of a hill above our home on the eMax and one of the Kioti at my parents' place in WV, Jeff.

IMAG3175.jpg

IMAG2609.jpg

• Like 2