mikeeyre74

Motion Control Lever Bushings

mikeeyre74

Going through the control tower of my C120 Auto and I'm missing a couple of the thin bronze bushings that go through the lower end there, that the motion control lever and other assorted rocker shafts pivot on.. Anyone have a source for these? I checked McMaster and they don't have 1/2" shaft diameter with the same O.D. of what appears to be 9/16ths. Anyone shed some light?

Bushing

Bushing 2

These guys here ^^^

Mike

benji756

You may want to check the bore on the hole the bushing goes into and the shaft size, all I am finding are 7/16x9/16 or 1/2x5/8. A 1/2x9/16 would only leave a 1/16 thick wall.

daveoman1966

I have found NYLON bushings work just as well and they are only a few cents...very inexpensive, but tough as nails.  Take your shaft to an Action of Servi-Star hardware and they have box-trays with wide selection of sizes to choose from.  I found some to SNUGLY fit the 3/4" rock shaft that is under the seat for rear-lift attachments. Value Home Center or Central tractor may have similar bushings.

Edited by daveoman1966

mikeeyre74
6 hours ago, benji756 said:

You may want to check the bore on the hole the bushing goes into and the shaft size, all I am finding are 7/16x9/16 or 1/2x5/8. A 1/2x9/16 would only leave a 1/16 thick wall.

I measured with a good set of dial calipers and,if you look at that bushing in the photo you'll see that it's a seriously thin little bugger! I'm pretty sure my measurements are accurate.  I pondered the use of a nylon one like daveoman said, but others in the wheel horse forums here under a different thread said they tended to fall apart quickly, so I got nervous about that?

mikeeyre74

And yes, they're still available from Toro, but at $13.69 a piece, when I need several, that's sorta like robbery!

DennisThornton

Google the Toro part number for interchanges. 

Achto
9 hours ago, mikeeyre74 said:

I checked McMaster and they don't have 1/2" shaft diameter with the same O.D. of what appears to be 9/16ths. Anyone shed some light?

Could you possibly drill the hole to fit a 5/8 O.D. bushing? This would make it a more common bushing for easier less expensive replacement.

mikeeyre74

You can drill an  enlarged hole for this circumstance, but you wouldn't be able to do that in some of the other areas.  For instance, the parking brake on a gear drive uses a rocker shaft that slides over a Half inch diameter rod that rides on these bushings… In that circumstance you can't drill it, because you can't drill the parking brake tube that thin. It's just not that thick to begin with. 

I was thinking I might be able to get a friend of mine to put one of these bushings on his lathe and turn it down to the thinner diameter for that application, but it just seems odd to me that you can't just buy the right parts anymore for a reasonable cost. The parts I Got  coming from McMaster were $0.70 a piece, not $13.50!

• Like 1

mikeeyre74

Well now! They still aren't what I'd call cheap, but those bushings from Wheelhorseparts are definitely a better deal than the Toro pieces. 

I can't check that Fastenal site because it says the website is down?

Digger 66
7 hours ago, mikeeyre74 said:

I can't check that Fastenal site because it says the website is down?

Working on my end ....

Untitled_zpshuq5godz.png

mikeeyre74

Those are the plastic ones? I was reading elsewhere on this site they they did not last long in use. Are you using them? How are they holding up?

Digger 66
56 minutes ago, mikeeyre74 said:

Those are the plastic ones? I was reading elsewhere on this site they they did not last long in use. Are you using them? How are they holding up?

No , I think they're junk myself , but I saw someone mentioned them and figured I'd post the link .

Someone has to have the Oil-Lites in the size you need .

There's a bazillion of them listed on Amazon , but it's not searchable by size and I don't have a whole bunch of time to go scrolling through and read each one .

Edited by Digger 66

Lee1977

I drilled mine out to 5/8" for 1/2" to 5/8" bushings. I installed oillite bushings. I saw them in half they don't have a flange, but work great. My clutch Idler shaft hole was worn egg shaped and rattled every time it was used. I did the same on the PTO shaft.

SAM_0315.jpg

SAM_0307.jpg

• Like 1