daveoman1966

BIG SHOW June 24 -25

daveoman1966

Many of you guys know me from this forum and it has become time for me to give up this hobby....due to failing health.  I live in n/w PA...abvout 40m south of Lake Erie and my zip code is 16433 (for google map).  For 40+ years I've enjoyed Wheelhorse and wish I could continue...but no.  Anyway, I have remaining a lot of parts that I'd like to dispose of and to list some: 20 hoods (Raiders, B-C, 312-8, 520) , 20+ cast front axles, 20 + pairs front spindles, 15 or so fender pans & seats, 6 or 7 engines from  8 to 19hp K-twin,  foot boards, tool boxes, 3 or 4 frames, TONS of Deck Tach-o-Matic lift hardware, mule drives, front  and mid Tach-o-matic hitches, drawbars, Auto Hoodstands, Auto trans cases, B-80 carcass with trans, upper/lower steering gear and blocks/ on and on and on and on......I really HATE the idea of scrap metal...but thats what will probably happen.

Way too much for met to take to the show, although I may take a few heavy / bulky things...not sure.  Anyway, would someone here care to come and buy the ENTIRE LOT OF PARTS....  then you can dispose of them as you please.  

Send me an email at:  daveoman@windstream.net 

Edited by daveoman1966
change
  • Like 8

19richie66

Yes, very sorry to hear about this. I wish you well Dave and thank you for answering several questions that I have had about these little red things. Wish I had a place to put all of it but I don't. Please take care of yourself as that is the most important thing. Thanks again, Richie

• Like 6

rjg854

I too am sorry to hear of your health problems, and hope the best for you.

• Like 5

ztnoo

Dave,

I also am sorry to hear this news. You have been helpful to me personally.

Hope you will hang around RS giving your great advice and spreading your vast knowledge after you are able to dispose of the hardware or most of it.

Someone you might consider is contacting Lincoln at A-Z Tractor who is a member here at RS and a PA resident.

Since he is a WH salvager and parts supplier, he might be a possible candidate for at least some of your stuff.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/forum/169-a-z-tractor/

Just a suggestion.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by ztnoo
  • Like 5

Ed Kennell

Sorry to hear this Dave.   Please continue to share your vast WH  knowledge.   I hope to meet you at the show. 

• Like 4

ClassicTractorProfessor

Sorry to hear that your health is forcing you to leave the hobby. I too hope that you will still hang around here to share the knowledge you have gained over those 40+ years with others, but the most important thing is to take care of yourself

• Like 4

ACman

Dave best wishes for you...hope to see you at the show as I do need steering gear for my 856 .

• Like 1

elliot ness

Sorry to hear about your health problems.

• Like 3

12 hp Kohler

Again very sorry to hear, hope all turns out wel. 

• Like 3

TDF5G

I also am sorry to hear of your health issues.  Thoughts and prayers for you and your family as you go through this.  

Todd

• Like 3

oliver2-44

I've read many of your post and thank you for being a great resource to RedSquare, I hope you will continue to be part of the community as your health allows.

Of course I understand we all must slow down at some point in life. I'll keep you in my prayers.

• Like 5

tunahead72

I'm sorry to hear you're leaving the Wheel Horse hobby Dave, and especially sorry to hear about your health.  I always look forward to reading your comments, you just always seem to be able to get right to the point and tell us all what we need to know.  I don't know how many times I've looked at your photos (with the circles and arrows), and realized "Oh, THAT'S what we're talking about here!".

I can't help you with your inventory, but I'm sure it will work out for you.

Hope to see you at the show!

• Like 3

stevasaurus

Dave, I am also very sorry and saddened to hear what you are going through.  The sharing of all of your knowledge has helped to make Red Square the place it is.  I do hope you can still hang in there with us.  My prayers with you and yours. 

• Like 4

rmaynard

Dave,

Sorry to hear about your health issues. I too wish you well, and will miss the line "please contact me via direct email: daveoman@windstream.net"

In a similar vein, I understand your situation. Since my spinal surgery, I have been forced to look at most things in a different light. I've looked at my stock of parts and tractors and come to the realization that I just can't do what I want to do any longer either. Full restorations are out of the question. I decided that this is the year that all my parts, all of my unrestored tractors, and even a couple of my restored tractors will be coming to the show to find new homes. It's not a fun decision, but one that I knew was inevitable. I'm not giving up the hobby, and I will still be active on RedSquare, as well as coming to shows, but just pulling stuff out of the shed and loading it on the trailer has been quite the chore. Please look me up at the show this week end.

• Like 5

daveoman1966

I thank you all for your kind words...sincerely, thanks.  What a great group to be in.  After some consideration, I may be at the show after all.  It seems my long-bed S-10 will handle the trip, with bigger bulky / heavy parts in the bed. Engines, hoods, seat pan, etc.  Not certain though.  Anyway.,...someone suggested I need to pay a $10 fee to the WHCC in order to sell parts at the the BIG SHOW.  Not a problem, but how do I do that.  ?? ? ?  Of course, I am a paid member of RS and have been for years.  

NEXT Q:  I've no idea what to ask for 'hands-on' parts like:  C-160 hood, Raider Hood, B-C series fender pan, 520-H Hood, 52-0-H fender pan, 8hp briggs, 12hp Kohler, (3) Kohler command 20 (v-twin) in boxes.     Any clues?????

Edited by daveoman1966
  • Like 5

rmaynard

You can pay your membership at the show. No problem. As far as pricing, I walk around quickly on Thursday and look to see what others are selling for. However, for the most part, you have an idea of what you'd pay for them, just use that as a guide. Remember, you are selling to fellow Wheel Horse alumni, and most of the time they are trying to find a good deal to be able to get a project done, or a worker back in service.

Typically C-series hoods go for as little as $10 and I've seen them for $60. Fender pans $20 to $30. Engine vary based on running or not, rebuilt or refreshed or not.

• Like 3

ACman

Daveoman hope you can make it to the show and it would be an honor to meet you with all your knowledge Wheel Horse tractors  . I too (though a newbie) question my ability to deal with my collection as my disability hinders me from even riding or working on anything .

• Like 4

Texas Todd

DaveO IS the Mann! Whenever I saw your posts, thats what rang in my head. You helped me and I hope I have the opportunity to help others in this niche hobby that has us all so addicted (while still getting plenty of help from all those nuts gathered in PA at this time......and those, like me, who couldn't make it) God bless DaveO the Mann! You da Mann!

Edited by Texas Todd
  • Like 2

ztnoo
2 minutes ago, Texas Todd said:

God bless DaveO the Mann!

AMEN!

prayers.png.fa6a9f75d3b83d0ea4ceb79924e20f33.png

• Like 1

daveoman1966

The BIG SHOW is just too far of a drive for me...about 5 1/2 hours...so I will NOT be there.  I had even loaded the engines in my S-10 and spotted the fee, and made room / plans to load up the bulky stuff, and even put 4 new tires on my truck....needed tires anyway.   However, I'm not going to take the risk.  

Once again, thanks for all your good-will comments....

For ANYONE willing to make a drive here, I will  / we will... work out a lot price for EVERYTHING...or on an item-to-item basis.  Within the next few days, I will try to post some pics and make a list.

I am in n/w PA at zip 16433...about 40 miles south of Lake Erie.... 80 north of the Steelers.

direct email is:  daveoman@windstream.net 

• Like 4

Cee245

@daveoman1966, Thanks again for having me over today to check out your impressive collection and to buy some parts at a good price.

It was nice talking with you and thanks for the steering tip!  Take care

Cory

• Like 2

953 nut

Dave, your input on this site has been an education for a lot of us and your ability to meet the parts needs of so many of us has been a blessing. I can recall lots of times where your input saved the day. I pray that your health issues can be resolved and that you will continue to be a part of RedSquare!

• Like 6

roadapples
11 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Dave, your input on this site has been an education for a lot of us and your ability to meet the parts needs of so many of us has been a blessing. I can recall lots of times where your input saved the day. I pray that your health issues can be resolved and that you will continue to be a part of RedSquare!

Couldn't agree more

• Like 2