Achto

How many of you remember these??

953 nut

Image result for you've gotta be kidding

54 minutes ago, Achto said:

For the low low price of $3400 you can now own a retro swisher zero turn with a 32" deck.

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 4

AMC RULES

Really...   :scratchead:

a little over board? 

Wonder how much they were back in the day. 

• Like 1

slammer302

My dad had one for awhile I never got to use it though he traded it for a wheel horse.

• Like 3

Uncle Buck

Swishers were made in central Missouri so as a result everyone for at least a few hundred miles in any direction at one time or another saw or had knowledge of Swisher mowers.

Now if you want to talk about mowers that are moldy oldies you need to talk about the old Springfield riding mowers, the little ones with Lausen engines and were green and white. That was what my pop had. Pop and grand dad both wanted WH but had to settle for the cheaper Springfield mowers instead. You do not see many of those Springfield mowers either, pops is squirreled away in his basement and looks great.

• Like 2

scottbrucea

Uncle Buck,

A photo or two of that Springfield would be great!  Thanks.

Regards,

Bruce

• Like 3

T-Mo

This is the second thread in as many months on these.  They're cute little things.

Uncle Buck
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:03 AM, scottbrucea said:

Uncle Buck,

A photo or two of that Springfield would be great!  Thanks.

Regards,

Bruce

I will try to remember to get one next time I visit my folks. They are most of 2hrs drive from me. This is a twin to my pops, except no duals in the rear and no padded seat, just painted steel. Ironic, dad and gramps both wanted WH riders but bought the cheaper Springfield riders. The funny part is if they had bought WH riders like as not they would have bought Lawn Rangers with rear discharge decks. The funny looking little Springfield below did a very nice job of cutting grass and the yard looked great afterward. Honestly a rear discharge WH deck equipped mower would not have produced as good a results as the little Springfield's did. Pops Springfield is in like shape to this one. Sadly the carb is just flat worn out, that is the only thing wrong with it.

100_5280.jpg

100_5281.jpg

100_5282.jpg

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 2

Bach-Ed

I bought a used one in 1998.  It was kind of fun in being able to turn on a dime.  But part of my lawn slopes and 3 wheels scared the bleep out of me.  My father's 702 kept calling my name (it was long gone).  So looking around I found an 857 and I have never regretted it.   

• Like 3

Uncle Buck
14 hours ago, Bach-Ed said:

I bought a used one in 1998.  It was kind of fun in being able to turn on a dime.  But part of my lawn slopes and 3 wheels scared the bleep out of me.  My father's 702 kept calling my name (it was long gone).  So looking around I found an 857 and I have never regretted it.   

Swishers always seemed a bit crude in design to me. I never drove one, nor had the desire to drive one.