adzeman21

Need some advice and direction

adzeman21

I'm a brand new member and I'm not sure what the appropriate forum is for this question so I'm just diving in right here. I have a 1973 Wheel Horse 16 Automatic. My dad bought it used decades ago. My brother in law bought it from him when he upgraded, and years later my brother in law gave it to me when I needed a mower. I've inherited a newer John Deere, a 345 and I need to clean house. I just don't have room to store the Wheel Horse, my old John Deere 210 and my new tractor. The Wheel Horse has a cast iron Kohler and isn't running. I had rebuilt the 42" deck  and immediately thereafter I think the connecting rod broke. I was frustrated at having just rebuilt the deck, yet again, so I bought the JD 210 and stored the Horse. I have a 42" blade and 42" snowthrower for the tractor. I haven't had any luck selling the Wheel Horse with an ad on Craigslist. I DO NOT want to junk this tractor. I know a lot of collectors would like to have this tractor and it just sticks in my craw to think of scrapping a great old hunk of iron like the 16 Automatic. I'm trying to connect with just such a collector so that this tractor can go to a good home. I'm in the Kalamazoo, Michigan area. Can anyone help out?

• Like 2

12 hp Kohler

:WRS::wwp:

adzeman21

Thanks for the welcome! Here are a few pictures.

WH1.JPG

WH4.JPG

WH6.JPG

WH9.JPG

• Like 3

Sparky

Post it in our classified section with a price, good description, pictures and your location....I doubt it will last long. 

Mike.....

• Like 2

953 nut

:WRS:     This should be placed in the Classified section of the site and you will need to include a price.

• Like 1

12 hp Kohler

That's is a very nice mower you have there, all the implements add a lot of value, as long as the engine isn't bad you should have no trouble getting $400for it minimum if I lived near I would buy it but I live in Pennsylvania so that isn't going to happen. 

benji756

Give Urbandale Repair in Battlecreek a call they may be interested in your tractor and they are very nice people to deal with. :text-welcomeconfetti:to :rs::banana-rock:

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

adzeman21

Thanks to all of you for the friendly welcome and for your help.

• Like 1

adzeman21
5 hours ago, benji756 said:

Give Urbandale Repair in Battlecreek a call they may be interested in your tractor and they are very nice people to deal with. :text-welcomeconfetti:to :rs::banana-rock:

Thanks for the tip. I know that place. I'll be getting ahold of them.