Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Buck

Need stator for HH70 Tecumseh engine.

Uncle Buck

I need the discontinued part number 30833A, or 30833 stator assembly for my HH70-140061F Tecumseh engine. I figure it is a long shot but I would see if someone here could help me out. This combines the stator and the points together.

Thanks for giving this a look.

pfrederi

Same unit used in H60's on Lawn rangers and HH60's saw one on line for over $100

Uncle Buck
17 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Same unit used in H60's on Lawn rangers and HH60's saw one on line for over $100

Yup, must be the same one I found! That is the only one I have found so far too! LOL

I don't know if I want to pay that much to make it have the ability to charge the battery you know. I have no lights, just need to start it. I suppose I can just start it and recharge the battery when it runs down but I really hate to do it that way. As it stands now it starts and runs great, one quick twist of the key and it sits there purring. So it is not like you have to grind it to make it start or something. I suppose I better get used to the idea of recharging the battery every so often as finding the part at any kind of reasonable cost is not looking promising.

This one is a repowered Lawn Ranger my pop did in the late 1980's right after he retired. This was the one that started everything WH for me. I just sort of wanted to keep it as close to his restoration efforts as I could if possible, otherwise I would have jerked the Tecumseh engine out and just dropped a Kohler in to replace it.

Edited by Uncle Buck

pfrederi
2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Yup, must be the same one I found! That is the only one I have found so far too! LOL

I don't know if I want to pay that much to make it have the ability to charge the battery you know. I have no lights, just need to start it. I suppose I can just start it and recharge the battery when it runs down but I really hate to do it that way.

This one is a repowered Lawn Ranger my pop did in the late 1980's right after he retired. This was the one that started everything WH for me. I just sort of wanted to keep it as close to his restoration efforts as I could if possible, otherwise I would have jerked the Tecumseh engine out and just dropped a Kohler in to replace it.

My father bought my L-107 new in 1967.  he was way to frugal to spring for electric start.  In the late 80s we replaced the H60 with an HH70 as it had ACR and the old H60 was getting harder for him to start.  Still no electric start.  Now I have it and I installed used Techy starter motor about 15 years ago.  no charging system.  Runs for months before I have to recharge the battery and she is used year round several times a week as a chore tractor.  Have the recoil for back up if I wait to long to recharge.

• Like 1

Uncle Buck
34 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

My father bought my L-107 new in 1967.  he was way to frugal to spring for electric start.  In the late 80s we replaced the H60 with an HH70 as it had ACR and the old H60 was getting harder for him to start.  Still no electric start.  Now I have it and I installed used Techy starter motor about 15 years ago.  no charging system.  Runs for months before I have to recharge the battery and she is used year round several times a week as a chore tractor.  Have the recoil for back up if I wait to long to recharge.

Mine has recoil as well. I had a local guy rebuilt this one, NOS Tecumseh connecting rod, rings, governor gear, points & cond, carb kit, he has it running like a top. All you have to do is shake your finger at it and the thing will start. I think like as not I will end up just running it off the battery and forgetting the stator. I cannot bring myself to spend north of $100 for that. I am thinking maybe I will just leave it on a trickle charger, or perhaps even a solar charger.

Edited by Uncle Buck

Uncle Buck

I wonder if your dad, " he was way to frugal to spring for electric start." and my dad, were brothers from other mothers! LOL   Frugal is putting it mildly for my pop! LOL

pfrederi
1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

I wonder if your dad, " he was way to frugal to spring for electric start." and my dad, were brothers from other mothers! LOL   Frugal is putting it mildly for my pop! LOL

I hear you on that:P

Uncle Buck
Just now, pfrederi said:

I hear you on that:P

My dad is in tough shape at 89, but he is still hanging on. If I told him I spent over $100 simply for the luxury of a stator keeping the battery charged I am fairly sure he might actually be cheezed enough to stand up and still try and kick my butt! :bitch:

pfrederi
2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

My dad is in tough shape at 89, but he is still hanging on. If I told him I spent over $100 simply for the luxury of a stator keeping the battery charged I am fairly sure he might actually be cheezed enough to stand up and still try and kick my butt! :bitch:

Mine would roll over in his grave

Uncle Buck
Just now, pfrederi said:

Mine would roll over in his grave

Probably a product of the depression and really hard times growing up. That stuck with a lot of those people. At least it stuck with my dad who grew up then.