Paul Van Benschoten

Return to neutral on an Eaton 11 (520H)

Paul Van Benschoten

I have a 520H that does not go back to neutral from reverse when pressing the brake pedal. I need to manually move the motion lever back to neutral. It works fine when going forward and pressing the brake pedal.

I have the Eaton 11 manual and I did the neutral adjustment on page 13. I raised the rearend and moved the cam so that the wheels do not spin when the motion lever is in neutral. When driving the tractor in either direction, it stops when moving the motion control by hand.

With the tunnel cover off it looks like the levers/cams that move the control back towards neutral do not immediately engage when the transmission is in reverse. This leaves the motion control arm still in reverse when the brake is applied. Is there some adjustment  in there?  I do not see anything in the Eaton or Owners manuals about the brake return to neutral linkage.

WVHillbilly520H

Make sure all that linkage is clean and free from binding, and there is some fine adjustments that and be made to them to shorten or lengthen travel, also if it's a column shift check for binding,rust, and spring damage between battery and hydraulic spool behind the tower cover, and the shift slot with neutral switch, Jeff.

IMAG2067.jpg

Paul Van Benschoten
1 hour ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

if it's a column shift check for binding,rust, and spring damage

The column mounted motion control arm moves freely and does not bind in any direction. It is just the part with the (sort of) rounded triangle hole that moves the bearing doesn't push the bearing all the way back to neutral from reverse. 

I will remove the battery like you suggest, and put some penetrating oil on the pivot points. (and the tower cover plate too)

2017-06-20_11-13-20.jpg

Edited by Paul Van Benschoten
  • Like 1