AMC RULES

:blink: Regardless...

you should jump on that deal. 

• Like 2

stevebo

Not original and not OSHA approved:ph34r:

• Like 8

12 hp Kohler

I don't have the money right now or else I would, if you want to buy it, it is on Lancaster pa Craigslist but you have to search wheel horse no space or else you can't find it. 

4 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

:blink: Regardless...

you should jump on that deal. 

953 nut

I don't think they would let you demonstrate that saw at the "Big Show"! At least I hope not.   :hide:

elcamino/wheelhorse

I would not want any of my body parts near that blade. Is that a hydro pump on the front under the mount for the saw?

12 hp Kohler

Yes I think it is hydro, it is very cool and a total death machine, but not as bad as the saw that hooks to my grandfathers 1948 John Deere A 

Edited by 12 hp Kohler

SylvanLakeWH
1 hour ago, stevebo said:

Not original and not OSHA approved:ph34r:

:text-yeahthat:

Originally designed by Lefty McDigitcutty... I Wonder why he was called lefty?

:ROTF:

• Like 4

12 hp Kohler

:ROTF:

• Like 1

WHX??

Interesting and thanks for the pics 12 hp..... I think we can file that in the I've seen it all now thread! :)

• Like 2

tunahead72
1 hour ago, 12 hp Kohler said:

I don't have the money right now or else I would, if you want to buy it, it is on Lancaster pa Craigslist but you have to search wheel horse no space or else you can't find it. 

I just looked for the listing and couldn't find it, is it still available?

12 hp Kohler

I just checked an hour ago and it was, you have to scroll down to the areas near by part 

And remember you ha e to spell wheelhorse no space 

tunahead72

Got it, thanks!  I have no idea how I missed it earlier.

12 hp Kohler

Yeah, it happens some times 

WHX??

Go get it Tuna! :auto-layrubber:

12 hp Kohler

Buy it and take it to the show so I can see itB)

• Like 1

tunahead72

Yeah, I don't think so.  I could lose major parts of my body using that thing, some of them deeply important to my overall well-being.  I'd be happy to watch from a safe distance if one of you guys wanted to buy it for "us".  Or maybe watch a video. :hide:

• Haha 1

12 hp Kohler

Still minus the saw mill it is a really nice 854 with attachments ! 

• Like 1

Lee1977

It is a cut off saw. It only looks dangerous until you know how it works. The tray is in the closed position in that picture. It swings out to load the wood. Then you slide the wood out and push it through the saw you don't have to get that close to the saw blade. It's the same as any saw, when the wood your cutting gets too short it's dangerous. A person would have to be really careless, dumb or drunk to get hurt. There were at least three of them around on full size tractors where I grew up. They were used to cut fire wood before chain saws. They were real handy for cutting up slabs. You could get a load of slabs at the saw mill for free they were glad to get them out of their way. You could hear them half a mile away.

Safety was your own responsible when I grew up.  We had all those things that the government has banned in the last 60 years in an open garage.

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 6

tunahead72

All good points, Lee1977.  There's a similar set up on one of the tractors on display at the Big Show, it may actually be identical.  It's inside one of the big barns.  I meant to get pictures when I was there yesterday, but I didn't.  If anybody gets a photo or two, I'm sure we'd appreciate it.

It actually looks safer in person, at least to me, because when you're standing next to it there's some really obvious things you should and shouldn't do.

• Like 1

Dan693

A perfect gift for my ex.

AMC RULES
23 hours ago, tunahead72 said:

All good points, Lee1977.  There's a similar set up on one of the tractors on display at the Big Show, it may actually be identical.  It's inside one of the big barns.  I meant to get pictures when I was there yesterday, but I didn't.  If anybody gets a photo or two, I'm sure we'd appreciate it.

It actually looks safer in person, at least to me, because when you're standing next to it there's some really obvious things you should and shouldn't do.

Here you go Ed...this one.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

IMG_0685.JPG

• Like 4

tunahead72

That's it Craig, thanks for the pic! :thumbs:

Looks like a different design, but same basic idea as what 12 hp Kohler posted originally.

• Like 1

Dakota8338

I know this is of and about Wheel Horses first and foremost, so I will go  :text-offtopic:  but David Bradley had a larger blade that which worked on their two wheel walking tractors for cutting off brush and small saplings at ground level.  IIRC that brush blade could be rotated up ninety degrees and used as a saw mill also.  I always though the kick-back from the brush and saplings could be quite dangerous.  I would rather think for myself and take responsibility for my own actions rather than let the government do it for me.  Unfortunately most of the safety driven items are straight out of the courtrooms and  :auto-ambulance:  liability attorneys offices. 

elcamino/wheelhorse

I saw the sawmill  tractor at the Big Show even with the protective cover on the blade it looked too dangerous. My grandparents had some similar that ran off a power take off from an old farm tractor. My dad would not let us any where near the blade when it was not running. We were sent inside when he and my uncles were cutting slabs into stove wood.

• Like 1