Mill Rat

Missing Quick hitch shaft and pulley for 32" 2-spindle mower deck

Mill Rat

Bought a 1966 8 HP tractor (856?) with mower deck and snow thrower from an estate sale. Rebuilt the Kohler 181S engine and now the tractor moves under its own power. Want to put the tractor to work, but the mower deck, which appears to be a model RM-326, is missing a few vital parts. With the help of the mower manual posted here (Thanks, gwest_ca, I'd be hard pressed to figure this out without the manuals you posted here.), The missing parts look to be the Ass'y, - Quick Hitch - Shaft, part # 6587, a triple-slot pulley, part #6594, two bearings, part #6593, a bearing spacer, 6595, and a Bolt - Special (appears to be a shoulder bolt) part #6596.  In the mower manual parts list, these are reference numbers 32, 52, 53, 54, and 55 respectively. There are a few other hex bolts and nuts and hairpin clips that are also MIA, but those I ought to be able to find in my shop. Without these parts the tractor won't be cutting grass anytime soon. Help with any of the following would be appreciated:

* Potential sources for these parts

* Pictures of the quick hitch shaft assembled to the drag link and how the triple-slot pulley attaches to the mower

* Measurements of these parts so I could find or make equivalents

* Access to a mower  in the RM32? series in the greater Chicago area so I could take my own measurements to find/make replacement parts

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Sad 1

953 nut

:WRS:           Here is a photo of a mower mounted to a similar Wheel Horse.

Commando 8 1

If you contact A-Z Tractor he can probably fix you up. He will be pretty busy this week with setting up for sales at the "Big Show" this week.

http://a-ztractor.com/

• Like 1

Mill Rat

Thanks for the lead, 953 nut! I've e-mailed A-Z Tractor, gave you props for the referral. The deck and attachment do look familiar.

• Like 1

Mill Rat

A-Z Tractor came through for me. Lincoln had the parts for a reasonable price and (glory be in these days of online sales) didn't gouge for shipping. He even found a little time in this busy week to complete the sale and will ship the parts out tomorrow.

• Like 1

Mill Rat

Parts arrived and fit. Props to 953 nut and A-Z Tractor.