WHwest8597

Making out of the blue offer

WHwest8597

Has anyone here ever seen a tractor they really like that is not for sale and you made a offer to buy or said if you ever want to sell to give me a call?

I saw a really nice one yesterday driving to work.  I have passed this house for years.  The tractor looked like a 520.  Doesn't look like it was used to cut grass and was just pulling a wagon.

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH
1 hour ago, WHwest8597 said:

Has anyone here ever seen a tractor they really like that is not for sale and you made a offer to buy or said if you ever want to sell to give me a call?

I saw a really nice one yesterday driving to work.  I have passed this house for years.  The tractor looked like a 520.  Doesn't look like it was used to cut grass and was just pulling a wagon.

What have you got to lose? Go ask for first dibs and see what the response is...I did that on a neighbor's sailboat and enjoyed it for years when he decided to sell...

:twocents-02cents:

KC9KAS

Several years ago I saw a fellow I knew well mowing with a 520. I talked with him and told him if he ever wanted to sell the 520 I would really like 1st dibs.

Well, a year later I got a call from him and he was ready to sell. He knew I was a Wheel Horse "collector" and felt I would get more out of it and appreciate it more than someone else.

I told him what I thought it was worth, and what I felt comfortable paying.

He had a figure in mind and with that being said, we worked out a deal!

• Like 1

elliot ness

Make an offer, you may just own it !:happy-jumpeveryone:

• Like 1

953 nut

I have attempted this though haven't had too much luck with it;    BUT  one of my 953s became mine as a result of asking!

• Like 2

Tankman

Grandson and I stopped, asked, deal. Great '90 520-8,  $200.00.

Before and after pictures. Great Stallion!  Horse ran but looked, well, not so great.

Very glad us two stopped. Owner had purchased a zero turn.

Most of the metal, a friend blasted, $0. We primed and Rustoleum Regal Red, Terry's decals, muffler "bling" eBay $20.

Not shown, new donuts from Milller Tire, coarse skateboard grip tape (:handgestures-thumbupright: ) for the footrests. More.

520-8-Rt_Side.thumb.jpg.8618dc41853a91dcb0653f9b86459d65.jpg

• Like 4

cschannuth

That's how I ended up with Denny Clarke's 701. I already told him I want his 520 when he's ready for a new project, LOL. 

image.jpeg.40e2c1d5ed75fc01f242ddbd1c2389fd.jpeg

• Like 4