zeke37

floppy belt 75 c-160

squonk

Might want to think about cleaning the underside of the deck as well and make sure the belt tensioner /slider on the deck itself is working correctly.

Racinbob

If the PTO quit spinning when it bogged down then your PTO clutch needs adjusting. You're not getting a good engagement. Maybe the lining is shot. :)

Also, I'm not real familiar with hydros but I'm thinking the first picture showing the tractor drive belt is fine. The belt doesn't run across the top of the belt guard like a manual does. In any case, it's not related to the mower issue. :)

• Like 1

oldlineman

you should have a spacer between the two pulleys on the mule drive so that the two pulleys do not touch each other.

• Like 2

zeke37

I am now holding the PTO shaft in my hand. Sure there are other parts to be replaced. How far should I go? I'll send a pict as soon a it becomes available.

-Thanks....Tim

Ed Kennell

PTO or mule drive?

zeke37

Hello- think I figured it out., the  PTO shaft seems to have sheared the bolt in. I have removed the pulley. what next..don't want bang on anything too much,.....any info is much appreciated...

C5147439-53A4-4946-BBC5-4FEBCB1CC4C2.JPG

953 nut
10 hours ago, zeke37 said:

Yes it did, and i just downloaded a drawing of the mule drive and spacers and it is clear that I am missing one. So if the PTO stops when I am mowing tall grass is there something else I need to look at? Thanks again.

If the spacers are missing from the PTO your pulleys are causing a significant drag which probably contributed to the clutch problem. You need to address both problems.