Indiana_Steve

36" rear discharge rotary mower...

Indiana_Steve

Have a Mod 5-0621-9 deck. Anyone have a manual?  Looks like I'll be needing a drive pulley and spindle.

daveoman1966

This is one of the decks using the Double-D spindle assembly and I have a few good used spindles available.  Here is a SAMPLE pic of the spindle(s) I have.   I ahve a couple of the pulleys for left or right side, but I do not  have the 2-belt center pulley.

for further info, contact me via email...  my email is:

daveoman@windstream.net

36 DD E (2).JPG

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Sorry all we have is a parts list with no illustration

Garry

Ed Kennell

It does not appear this deck has the  DOUBLE D spindles and pulleys.

I have a 36" RD parts deck that I could remove these parts from.

PM me If interested.

IMG_7612.JPG.34cbcf5a0865cafdfe2cfe42a7047c32.JPG

Indiana_Steve

Definitely need new front double drive pulley. Thinking of  replacing bearings in the spindles. Is this a good idea?

Ed Kennell

Steve, just to clarify the nomenclature:     The term DD or double D refers to the two flats on the spindle ends and the matching shape of the hole in the pulleys and blades.

The single outboard pulleys  and the two sheave center pulley  will have this shape.  You can see this shape in Dave's picture above.

Having said that, according to the manual  that Garry posted above, your deck does not have the DD type spindles.

I am not sure if your spindles have the replaceable bearings   Some of the spindles  require a bearing/shaft assembly.

Here is another  picture of a DD type  spindle and pulley.

IMG_7655.JPG.51b9353f0f490cdbefe2e7ef2b2ab957.JPG

• Like 2

Indiana_Steve

Ed that's what I have. The pulley had come loose and the spindle shaft wore out the pulley. The shaft doesn't look bad. Have to re-thread the bolt holes for the pulley. Apparently PO didn't realize what all the noise from his deck was. Anyway, looks like bearings all around. Looks like you just push out shaft to replace them.

DSC04348.JPG

DSC04349.JPG

DSC04350.JPG

DSC04351.JPG

• Like 1

daveoman1966

You are right on how to replace the bearing and it si # 103119.  The old bearing will only come out one direction....and be careful not to break the casting as it is pretty thin at one end.  You need to take the spindle cup off, then push the bearing up thru the casting.  If you can't get the spindle cup off, thread in a short 3/8 hex bolt and MAYBE you can push thru the spindle cup and the casting.  A hydraulic press works best.  

36 MOW (1).JPG

101525B.jpg

101525D.jpg

Indiana_Steve

Dave, Heated the spindle and was able to tap the  bearing out right through the bearing cap. Now to get the other two pulleys off without breaking them. Those bearing are a little pricey.