nylyon

36" SD with Bagger

nylyon

Has anyone put a non-powered bagger on a 36" deck?  I have the setup pictured here, but have not put the bagger on, just wanted thoughts before I give it a try...

The deck is now complete and working.

IMG_1569.JPGIMG_1565.JPG

GlenPettit

Looking at the manual (free download here on Red Square), there are two more major parts that attach onto your deck plus a special pulley.  

Anything is possible for a talented person, but space might be tight on that 36" deck to fit the additional parts.  

I'm thinking that that bagger was only designed for the 42" SD deck, . . . with mine, just one part was missing and it took years to find that large side-blower (which is very heavy).  Next question, do you have enough hp?

nylyon

I don't know anything about baggers, do you think this one is supposed to have the deck driven blower?  Couldn't find a model number on this, it's a single bag, not the twin bag.

dcrage

Wasn't the 37" SD the only deck on the 300, 400, 500 series tractors designed for NON-power assisted bagging?

bmsgaffer

Yes the 37" is the only classic series deck that can do the non powered bagger. It has a special high-flow design and special high-lift blades to get enough air movement to get the grass up the chute. 

My guess is that with any other deck it will just clog up. :confusion-shrug:

oliver2-44

For what it's worth, I had a 1984 JD 116 with a 42 inch deck and a non powered bagger. I mainly used it in the fall for Post Oak leaves, and February for Oak leaves (lots of leaves)  it worked  excellent with the high lift blades, In areas where the leaves are thick I sometimes took half width passes.  It  worked poorly with regular blades or mulching blades (the chute would plug up).

nylyon

This deck does seem to shoot out the clippings a little better than my 42" but probably not enough to reach the bag.  I suspect that the bagger will be in the classifieds soon!

rlrnot

The bagger looks like my unit for my 37" SD mower deck.  Works good on it.  I use it mostly in the fall to pick up leaves. As previously stated it requires hi-lift blade installed on the discharge side of the deck. Mine has a single slide in basket to catch the clippings.