Sign in to follow this  
12 hp Kohler

Put the new trans in the 753 today

12 hp Kohler

I painted my replacement trans yesterday and let it dry over night, installed it today, ( quite a job my first time swaping a transmission in a wheel horse). I fired up the 753 this evening to test out the trans and all the gears work great. I know the paint color is a little off but it was, IMG_1269.JPG.b9a109e4267b1b391bb157b22dc92ad2.JPGIMG_1274.JPG.4150bfd2dbd7e572617726a6ceb60a00.JPGIMG_1275.JPG.c00a93521b771f591dfd0723be0d2094.JPGIMG_1258.JPG.af25f63bc663504e7b204a858887fad0.JPGIMG_1259.JPG.7a67458821fcb2ad0a582068c2dea933.JPGmore for protection than looks. Am going to try to rebuild the old transmission eventually in case I need it for another horse.

• Like 7

elcamino/wheelhorse

Hope you can make it to the Big Show , looks like you are doing great work on your horse.

12 hp Kohler

Thanks, I will be at the show Friday and Saturday, I will have 753 there all day Saturday 

Edited by 12 hp Kohler

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• JZilla024
      By JZilla024
      Hello everyone!
      I recently inherited my grandpa's 
      Wheel Horse 753. I remember it running before his health declined about 15 years ago. My intentions are just to get it running and do a mild restoration, it'll stay in the family.

Without further ado, here it is!
      Having a hard time with pictures due to no phone service at my shop. I'll be sure to update soon.
    • 12 hp Kohler
      By 12 hp Kohler
      I picked up a pair of ag tires for my 753 at the big show, I have been looking for some for a while but haven't been able to find any but of course I found them at the show. They look a lot cooler than I imagined, just have to paint the wheels white again and it will look like a million bucks.  
    • 12 hp Kohler
      By 12 hp Kohler
      Got the 753 running this evening, I didn't get it driving yet because I have to get a belt guard and gear oil but the engine runs great, started up third pull and idles very clean.
    • zanepetty
      By zanepetty
      I finally got my tractor finished thanks to all you fine redsquare folks. I want to thank all of you for all the input and advice you've given me. I appreciate it. Also, I wanted to add a few pics of her on a lazy Sunday strole. Hope you like it. Thanks, Zane

• wheel753horse
      By wheel753horse
      After mowing the yard at higher throttle for about 2 hours my engine starts to smoke out the exhaust and when shut off... it has trouble starting back up.??? Anyone have any ideas?  It runs good most all the other times and never starts hard never smokes but I usually just joyride around the farm at low speed and rpms. 

Thanks for checking any help is very very welcome