stevebo

1057 with C series Muffler-Will it fit?

stevebo

All-

I have a 1057 with the typical can type small muffler which imo sounds sub par. I really like the sound of the C series mufflers that wrap aorund the front of the motor and pipe out the bottom left side. It looks like the 1057 is basically the same as lets say a c120. I am wondering if it a C120 muffler would fit a 1057? Anyone every try it? Pics of yours if you have and/or comments are welcome. Thanks. 

• Like 1

Sparky

It's a short frame right? I bet the 2" plus or minus is missing from the frame rails. On my C121 the pipe exits right up close to the hood and the muffler body itself is about 1/2" from the grill. Plus the tractor your using has that tapered  in the front hood. My gut feeling is that you'll leave clearance issues.

Mike...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

stevebo

Mike, 

Actually the 1057 is a long frame. My 857 is a short frame. I think it will fit??

fast88pu

I would use a muffler off of a C81. The body is smaller diameter. So more clearance

artfull dodger

if it fits, it will be really tight.  I dont like them that tight as it tends to scorch the paint if its been repainted and its a worker.  Unless you can get some header wrap for hot rods and wrap the muffler to keep the heat from killing the paint on the grill.  I think the side hung version that is similar to the 520's muffler but for the single cylinder Kohlers sounds good.  Just add the chrome heat shield and it looks really good.   Mike

stevebo
Just now, fast88pu said:

I would use a muffler off of a C81. The body is smaller diameter. So more clearance

There is one on ebay now and a c121 style. 

oldredrider

The 8hp muffler won't work on a big block engine. Exhaust port on an 8 is straight out and requires an extra bend or two in the pipe. Big block Kohlers exhaust at an angle.

stevebo
3 minutes ago, oldredrider said:

The 8hp muffler won't work on a big block engine. Exhaust port on an 8 is straight out and requires an extra bend or two in the pipe. Big block Kohlers exhaust at an angle.

I was looking on the two on ebay now and saw the difference. I think the c120 one will work. 

Ken B
8 hours ago, stevebo said:

Mike, 

Actually the 1057 is a long frame. My 857 is a short frame. I think it will fit??

Make it fit....

Retired Wrencher

Steve I have a muffler that be good for a test. To see if it fits came off a 308-8 I believe can send it to you when I get back. Or adapt a nelson type in there if you can find a tube bender some where like a muffler shop that does custom work I really like my clone it is so quite. It is just a thought.

Edited by Retierd Wrencher

formariz

I never had a 1057 in front of me but it looks like it is basically the same as the Electro 12?  If it is that muffler will not fit. I know that anything is possible but I attempted to do it on the Electro  and It is just too tight, mainly because of the taper in the hood. I also attempted to fit the Jay Bee muffler in it which is skinnier and has the removable elbow making it more versatile and result was same. Too close to everything, hood, and fuel lines. I opted for the unorthodox way I have it now, or also the way Ken originally had it on was also good.

Edited by formariz

stevebo
2 hours ago, formariz said:

I never had a 1057 in front of me but it looks like it is basically the same as the Electro 12?  If it is that muffler will not fit. I know that anything is possible but I attempted to do it on the Electro  and It is just too tight, mainly because of the taper in the hood. I also attempted to fit the Jay Bee muffler in it which is skinnier and has the removable elbow making it more versatile and result was same. Too close to everything, hood, and fuel lines. I opted for the unorthodox way I have it now, or also the way Ken originally had it on was also good.

Any pictures?

formariz

Can't find my old post but here are photos of what I did. Not for everyone but for me the best muffler set up I had on it so far. Not wanting a stack to get caught under branches or stress the engine and not wanting fumes near my face I opted for this.

IMG_0520.JPG.8350a469e7f4ebf211d32cf82804b087.JPG

IMG_0519.JPG.a1d2e1783e2f90ebd93b0a3905ae771f.JPG

IMG_0518.JPG.d6594d3dbf4edb893ca4f921ddbc0910.JPG

• Like 3

TDF5G
On 6/14/2017 at 5:37 PM, Sparky said:

It's a short frame right? I bet the 2" plus or minus is missing from the frame rails. On my C121 the pipe exits right up close to the hood and the muffler body itself is about 1/2" from the grill. Plus the tractor your using has that tapered  in the front hood. My gut feeling is that you'll leave clearance issues.

Mike...

:text-yeahthat: