hubast

O Rings needed for transaxle - Can anyone help?

hubast

Hi  - I have a 1972 Wheelhorse GT14  that needs two "O" Rings on the top of the transaxle where the hydraulic lift lever for the deck attaches at on the transaxle.

I took it all apart (because it was leaking there) and there is one "O" Ring of the two that looks flat on each side.   The part numbers for the GT14 5070 transmission  "O" rings are 972116 and 970026.

Does anyone have a clue where I might obtain replacements?

Thank you kindly - I appreciate

-hubast

• Like 1

pfrederi

Welcome to Red Square!!  I do not have a GT14 but some one who does will be along.  The flat ring is called a backer ring.  My D200 uses them and I have a bunch but they are a different part number sorry.

• Like 1

Aldon

Daveoman has chimed in on multiple threads concerning sundstrand rebuilds.

In one of them he provides a seal part number for that shaft that is likely culprit if you have leak. Replace that seal would potentially resolve and make any oring which is close to correct likely work. As I see it, the oring acts more like a gasket. 

But UT there are more learned experienced folks who can chime in.

And if you decide to go that route, replace seal on drive shaft and the other end of the shaft on other side of pump.

hubast

Thank you guys so much for helping - I appreciate it  - Ill keep ya posted on my findings!

hubast

Okay, so after about a week of searching I found exact replacements and it worked!  Anyone needing 972116 and 970026 O-rings for the GT14 let me know - I can get them!

email me at hubast2003@comcast.net