Adams94

Black hood plastic fenders

bmsgaffer

Knowing wheel horse, there is a very good chance that they were cast from the same mold with different holes cut... As im sure you know, even odd ball tractors like the C195 use a lot of interchangeable parts.

• Like 1

6bg6ga

Generally, if a manufacturer can save costs they will do so. Looking at your pictures the two items look identical size and shape which which means the same mold. Once the items are molded generally an order for the specific part they are sent to have the holes drilled via a template. The holes are drilled slots are cut per model.  It would be very easy to construct a mold using one of your good fenders. You will probably want to do one of two things.. either block off the holes and cutouts so you can mold the casting and then drill and make cut outs per model or simply try to set up your mold with the holes and cutouts in place and then make any changes after the fact. That would be a nice project to lay out the fiberglass and spray the coating and make your own from scratch.

Depending on the number of these parts they were either injection molded or simply molded by hand like the boat hulls used to be.  keep in mind that these injection molds are very expensive to make and making one requires that the payback will happen very quick in order to cover the die costs.

Edited by 6bg6ga
  • Like 2

bmsgaffer
2 hours ago, 6bg6ga said:

Generally, if a manufacturer can save costs they will do so. Looking at your pictures the two items look identical size and shape which which means the same mold. Once the items are molded generally an order for the specific part they are sent to have the holes drilled via a template. The holes are drilled slots are cut per model.  It would be very easy to construct a mold using one of your good fenders. You will probably want to do one of two things.. either block off the holes and cutouts so you can mold the casting and then drill and make cut outs per model or simply try to set up your mold with the holes and cutouts in place and then make any changes after the fact. That would be a nice project to lay out the fiberglass and spray the coating and make your own from scratch.

Depending on the number of these parts they were either injection molded or simply molded by hand like the boat hulls used to be.  keep in mind that these injection molds are very expensive to make and making one requires that the payback will happen very quick in order to cover the die costs.

He's already done all of that, the white one you see there he had custom molded... :handgestures-thumbupright: ( @Adams94 Looks great by the way!)

• Like 4

Achto

Very nice job with the reproduction. :handgestures-thumbupright: I would also think that the basic mold would have been the same, with holes & cut outs added later to fit each model .

• Like 2

Adams94
2 hours ago, bmsgaffer said:

He's already done all of that, the white one you see there he had custom molded... :handgestures-thumbupright: ( @Adams94 Looks great by the way!)

Thanks!!

2 hours ago, Achto said:

Very nice job with the reproduction. :handgestures-thumbupright: I would also think that the basic mold would have been the same, with holes & cut outs added later to fit each model .

Thank you and that is what i was thinking!

edwroy

Very impressive. It looks original and great. Let me know when you plan to take orders.

Thank you.

• Like 2

6bg6ga
8 hours ago, bmsgaffer said:

Sorry.  I read and missed it before my first cup of coffee.:text-imsorry:

• Like 1