Sign in to follow this  
WHwest8597

315-8 PTO Clutch

WHwest8597

Looking for a service manual that covers a 315-8 PTO Clutch.  How do you remove the clutch and grease the bearings.

gwest_ca

Do you not have an electric clutch? They use sealed bearings.

Garry

WHwest8597

Yes I have an electric clutch.  I have a chipping sound with I turn on the PTO.

pfrederi

if it is indeed a bearing you have to replace them (there are 2).  Is the chirping sound continuous or does it go away after the PTO is fully engaged?  I donot have anything as new as yours but did take apart some older electric PTOs I would guess they are a similar design.  Check out this thread.

• Like 1

WHwest8597

The chirping is continuous after turning on the PTO.  It just started.  I'm going to have to make sure the right belt is on the tractor.  My dad has been switching

different size decks around on tractors.  Should double check and make sure the right belt is on.  I tightened the belt, but it looks like it might have a little play in it.

• Like 1

pfrederi
28 minutes ago, WHwest8597 said:

The chirping is continuous after turning on the PTO.  It just started.  I'm going to have to make sure the right belt is on the tractor.  My dad has been switching

different size decks around on tractors.  Should double check and make sure the right belt is on.  I tightened the belt, but it looks like it might have a little play in it.

If adjusting the belt tension doesn't fix it Try running the PTO with no belt on it...

• Like 1