Lane Ranger

RJ 2 inch Idler Pulley -- Bearing Replacement ???

Lane Ranger

I have several RJ  Wheel Horse idler pulleys,  I would like to know if they can have the bearing in the center replaced?    Mine are all sealed and still function but do seem to have a lot of wear as they generally have a little wobble when bolted onto the transmission.

If anyone has replaced these bearings I would appreciate knowing and what type or model /size bearing is needed for replacement.

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

buckrancher

the bearing and pulley are the same thing if I am remembering correctly the outer race of the bearing is the pulley

Brian

• Like 2

evanloock
1 hour ago, buckrancher said:

the bearing and pulley are the same thing if I am remembering correctly the outer race of the bearing is the pulley

Brian

That's my understanding of the RJ pulley as well.  I have a NOS one back in Alabama and recall a bearing co. name and number on the inner race.

• Like 3

Lane Ranger

You  know I was sure that Brian and Evanloock would be two of the folks to speak about this!    And I am sure you guys know.     I can read an imprint on one of my 2 inch pulleys that it was made in Philadelphia, PA.

Thanks guys!

• Like 1

buckrancher

the bearings are NLA  should be "NICE" bearing company if remember correctly

I have had good luck cleaning these in solvent and blowing them out with compressed air then

if you have a needle tip for a grease gun you should be able to inject some new grease inside the bearing and save it

Brian

Edited by buckrancher
  • Like 3

VinsRJ
4 hours ago, buckrancher said:

the bearings are NLA  should be "NICE" bearing company if remember correctly

I have had good luck cleaning these in solvent and blowing them out with compressed air then

if you have a needle tip for a grease gun you should be able to inject some new grease inside the bearing and save it

Brian

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1