SRB

Putting a 75' tiller 7 1252 on a 79' C 101 8 speed

SRB

So I just got a 1975 Tiller, model # 7 1252. I am wanting to put it on my 1979 C 101 model 91-10k801.  What all do I need to adapt the tiller to this tractor? So far I have figured out that I need the lever assembly for under the seat. It also looks like the 78'-79' models have a lift plate attached to the shroud over the times, instead of the eyebolt conected to the frame of the tiller.

Any photos of this setup would be great. 

Thank you.

20170607_114435.jpg

jsPond

I just bought the same exact tiller this spring and was going thru just what you are.  Mine went onto a 2003 315-8.  I too had to buy the lever assembly (bought from a forum member, great stuff!).  After that I realized I needed the lift plate on the shroud. I just fabricated one out of what I had laying around.  I really didn't know where to position the lift plate so I put three holes in it for adjustment and just lined it up with the cable.  Works great!  I can get some pics tonight.

gwest_ca

Here is a parts list for what you need to end up with. Compare it to what you have.

Garry

SRB
23 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

Here is a parts list for what you need to end up with. Compare it to what you have.

Garry

Thank you Gary. That is very helpful.

SRB
On 6/7/2017 at 1:09 PM, jsPond said:

I just bought the same exact tiller this spring and was going thru just what you are.  Mine went onto a 2003 315-8.  I too had to buy the lever assembly (bought from a forum member, great stuff!).  After that I realized I needed the lift plate on the shroud. I just fabricated one out of what I had laying around.  I really didn't know where to position the lift plate so I put three holes in it for adjustment and just lined it up with the cable.  Works great!  I can get some pics tonight.

Jspond, I am sorry, I replied to you the other day and just noticed it didn't post. Thank you for the info and yes, if you could post a couple pictures for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Again, thank you for your assistance.

jsPond
On 6/10/2017 at 0:04 AM, SRB said:

Jspond, I am sorry, I replied to you the other day and just noticed it didn't post. Thank you for the info and yes, if you could post a couple pictures for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Again, thank you for your assistance.

No problem.  Ain't computers wonderful?  Anyway, here are a couple of pictures I took yesterday.  It seems to me you are good everywhere except where the lift mount goes.  I took a shot and it works pretty good.  I just took a plate that I had laying around, bent it 90 degrees and put some holes in it.  Really no need to overthink it.  Good luck.

IMG_1228.JPG

IMG_1229.JPG

SRB
12 hours ago, jsPond said:

No problem.  Ain't computers wonderful?  Anyway, here are a couple of pictures I took yesterday.  It seems to me you are good everywhere except where the lift mount goes.  I took a shot and it works pretty good.  I just took a plate that I had laying around, bent it 90 degrees and put some holes in it.  Really no need to overthink it.  Good luck.

jsPond, thanks for the photos.