lastoja

Want start by key

lastoja

I have replaced key switch relay and solenoid and get nothing. I found oil safety switch was bad so I jumped it I check oil always befoRe starting. Since I have done this I get relay the relay to click. It will start by jumping lugs on solenoid and cut off by key. I also found someone already had jump neutral switch out and I know seat switch works.could starting side of pto switch be bad and how can I check.

gwest_ca

I replied in this thread

Garry

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:       It would be helpful to know what year and model you have, not all :wh: are wired the same.

With any electrical problem the first step is to clean and tighten all electrical connections.

lastoja

It is a 1986 312-A # 21-12KE01 I also have a C101 that has been best I have ever own.

953 nut

Here is the owner's manual with wiring diagram.

953 nut

I don't own this particular model, but the 310 and 312 that I own both have two small wires going to the solenoid, one is a ground and the other comes from the ignition switch.

Your wiring diagram shows that the wire to the switch is routed through the clutch pedal switch and the POT switch and then to a relay. Clutch must be depressed and PTO off. Be sure the ground wire is connected to the solenoid. With the transmission in neutral take a small jumper wire from the battery "+" to the small purple wire at the solenoid, if it closes and the engine turns over then it is good. If not, back up to the next component and so forth until you find the problem.

Edited by 953 nut

gwest_ca

Look this wiring over

There are 2 illustration for the starter circuit. The low oil switch powers the relay when the oil is low and opens the circuit to the starter solenoid.- starter no worky

Garry

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Porkskin
      By Porkskin
      Working on:  1986 Wheel Horse 312-A, Model 21-12KE02, 42" Deck Model 05-42MR04

Hello All, 

Well, the parking brake on this one stopped working, and after removing the shift plate it was clear that the pawl was no longer reaching any of the teeth on the bell crank. So I figured I needed to adjust the travel on the rod that accentuates the squeeze on the brake lining. It's not perfectly clear to me where the adjust point is, but I think it is the bolt-nut-spring assembly as shown on the pictures attached. Now, if that is the bolt I need to put some clockwise turns on to get this done, the question becomes how can I get a pair of 9/16" wrenches or sockets in there to make the turns. I pretzeled myself in several ways to get tools on both ends many ways with no luck. All comments very much appreciated.

I'm using these diagrams:
      www.partstree.com/models/21-12ke01-312-a-toro-garden-tractor-1986/index.html

The first picture is taken from the right side inward toward the assembly. The second is taken with me on my back looking up.

• Bean701
      By Bean701
      My 312 I understand is equipped with a fragile Eaton transaxle.  My tractor does NOT have hydro deck lift.  My old GT1800 which I plan to salvage parts from has the more stout 1100 hydro setup with the hydro lift.  Can it be made to work in the smaller 312 tractor with minimal hacking?  

While im here, I’m also wondering if the larger front wheels on my GT will fit on the front axle of the 312 or if I would have to swap the whole axle...
    • MikesRJ
      By MikesRJ
      Up next on restoration list is a 1986 Wheel Horse 312-A. This will be a bottom up restoration, with a bit of customization as well. Here's where I am starting.
      A couple of things I've decided already: 1) I like the K motors better than the Magnum's, so the K motor is staying. It'll be rebuilt before going back on the machine. 2) Paint will be a custom paint job. I will once again try my hand at HVLP instead of my normal rattle cans. God help me! 3) Along w2ith the custom paint, the decals will also be a custom set. 4) The deck will probably be changed to a 42" RD instead of the SD that is on it. I'm sure I'll think of more things to change, but at the moment that's it.
      @Vinylguy Terry, I'll be in touch soon to discuss.
      Stay tuned...