252H

Adding a fuel filter to a 252H

252H

I got a 1/4" & 5/16" in-line fuel filter for my 252H and am wondering if this size will work, also will i run into starting issues after installing it? Some other posts make me hesitant to install it 

slammer302

That size should work. I like to put them somewhere lower than the gas tank so gravity helps keep it full. I'm not sure about starting problems I've never noticed a difference.

252H

So just cut the line and install? I read about having to prime the engine some how. Where would a good spot be?

WHX??

Any spot convinent should be OK 252....if I am not mistaken you should have a Keihin fuel pump on a Briggs vertical twin? Install before the pump if possible. Any doubts throw up a pic of your fuel supply layup and we can go from there. Regardless every fuel system should have a decent filter inline.

slammer302

Shouldn't have to prime their should be plenty of fuel in the carb to get it going

Edited by slammer302

252H

Its a kawasaki FB460V. It doesn't have a fuel filter. Where is the pump located? I have no idea where to put it 

slammer302

The pump is normally bolted to the side of the engine. 

• Like 1

WHX??

Ok 252 you got the Kawi motor .... Trace the fuel line from the tank to the first thing it connects to ...that woud be the fuel pump or carb. install the filter anywhere it will fit in this line. Observe the arrows on the filter if any..should point away froM the tank. Run the beast out of gas or better yet if there is a gas cock shut it off (would be located close or on the tank). Cut the line with a sharp knife so the filter will fit in with a couple of fuel line size appropriate hose clamps. Should be 1/4 inch. have a rag handy to catch any excess gas and God  forbid put that gagger out if you smoke! :angry-fire: :angry-extinguishflame:Turn the gas  cock back on or put a little gas in and VERY CAREFULLY check for leaks. Correct as required ANY leaks no matter how small. the filter if the see through type should now have some gas in it. Don't worry too much if the filter doesn't fill up completely with gas. Start it up and go cut grass.... let us know if  any problems. 

Edited by WHX11
Speeling
  • Like 2