Colby

Gt14 deck lift

Colby

HI all! New member here so bear with me please! I know my 70 raider, 70 charger, and 85 416-8 in and out. But my friend bought a gt14 today and we can't figure out why the rear end of the deck isn't lifting with the hydro lift. Front lifts fine but rear wheels of deck stay on the ground. Any ideas? Thanks!

• Like 1

KC9KAS

@Colby :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

I have a 1969 GT-14 but do not have a mowing deck, so I can't help you on this one, although the GT-14 didn't have the "Attach-a-matic" system to attach the deck. Maybe he doesn't have the correct deck, or parts are missing.

Someone will be along to help you out. In the meantime, you might check our manuals section for assistance.

gwest_ca

Here is an operator manual for one deck that fits the GT-14

Garry

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:   This is a case where a couple of photos of the deck attachment would be very helpful.    :wwp:

The front of the deck should be firmly attached to a pivot point referred to as an Attach-A Matic and the rear would be lifted by a chain attached to the jack shaft.

• Like 1

ztnoo

I've owned a GT 14 for 36 years, it has a 48" mower deck, and all I've ever done is mow with it.

My lift has NEVER lifted the rear wheels off the ground. Only the front center roller on the deck.

I never really thought twice about it......I always assumed that's the way it was designed.

I don't see any practical way it could lift the rear, when you watch the limits of the mechanism at work.

Colby

Thanks for all the replies guys. I have read the manuals and looked at many pictures online last night trying to sort it out. Ztnoo, that is exactly the kind of answer I was hoping for. With the absence of a jack shaft at the rear of the deck on his gt14 I could find nothing in the brackets for the deck that would tie the rear to the front, hence the rear wheels always staying down. His deck need some work, but we were just trying there make sure everything was in order before he tore it apart to patch the deck. Thanks all for your help. Guess I was over thinking it since my three horses are all manual lift

ztnoo

Colby,

Did you  buy the GT 14 that was for sale on Ft. Wayne CL from a guy by the name of Jeremy in Ossian?

Regards,

Steve

Colby

Steve, 

No the one my friend bought came from avilla, just north of fort wayne