Sign in to follow this  
TravelinJavelin

953 seating arrangements?

TravelinJavelin

well getting ready to go through my 953 here and the first thing is the seat the way it is got to take the back rest and move all the way back to the edge of the tool box otherwise  I look like a sub sandwich being cut half when I sit on it LOL wondering if anybody else had this issue? suggestions and opinion's welcome

Big_Red_Fred

I'm 6 foot 6 inches, my kids say to this day, Dad, you look like a Kangaroo riding a Cherry ! Thanks kids, no more rides for them LOL

• Like 2

Sparky

For a big tractor I always found them to be a bit tight. I'm 6'1" and with the seat moved as far back as possible it was bearable. I couldn't sit and mow on my 1054 for as long as I could on one of my C series or 300 series machines.

Mike....

• Like 1

Big_Red_Fred

Maybe i should split the frame and add more metal, rake it out like a harley LOL

• Like 3

Big_Red_Fred

The Men stopped by the shop today, we spoke of the 953 & leg room, my back started throbbing LOL, Big Joe said that it isnt a bad idea stretching a frame, i looked at him & said i was joking, but hey Men, i'll help you all out with your Red Idea's ;-) another mentioned a Velky with a seat attached, he wore my water and said thankyou its hot in here. This is a group of 60 year old men picking on this 57 year old Mechanic & drinking my ice tea ! Good night Everyone one on Red Square ! Big Fred Signing off

• Like 3

Big_Red_Fred

You Guys remembered the altered wheel base Mopar's dont you LOL, i can make the leg room on them 953's , had a 67 Coronet 440 convertible back in the day. 

• Like 1

Sarge

Ah yes , those awful , awful altereds....lol .

I've used the springs from the C series even on my old 1277 and drilled new holes , I'm 6' but with the knee issues I prefer the legs nearly straight out when sitting - works well .

Sarge

608KEB
8 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Ah yes , those awful , awful altereds....lol .

I've used the springs from the C series even on my old 1277 and drilled new holes , I'm 6' but with the knee issues I prefer the legs nearly straight out when sitting - works well .

Sarge

I've  done the same on all my B and C tractors. Moving the seat back between 1"-1 1/2" works well.

ericj
On 6/11/2017 at 2:21 PM, Big_Red_Fred said:

You Guys remembered the altered wheel base Mopar's dont you LOL, i can make the leg room on them 953's , had a 67 Coronet 440 convertible back in the day. 

go mopar. I've had several 70 Dart Swinger 340 and now have a 69 Dart GTS 383 4 speed on the back burner waiting for me to have the time and money to get to it, someday maybe if I live long enough :rolleyes:

eric j 

Sarge

What I grew up with , besides Dad being a drag racer .....

1966 Dodge Charger - brushed aluminum silver color , red interior , 383 4spd...

1967 Plymouth GTX - dark navy blue/navy interior , 440-4 automatic

1970 Dodge Charger RT/SE (yes , one of only a few) , deep midnight black , saddle tan leather interior , 440-6 automatic

So , I do know a bit about those days and spent a lot of time at the tracks and watched Dad bring home a lot of trophies . He ran the entire '67 season undefeated with the Plymouth , dead stock .

Fiat/Chrysler is a bit fudged on the claims of the new Demon - look up the figures on the '67 Dodge Coronet Super Stock....lol .

Sarge

Big_Red_Fred

You Guy's remember the movie 2 Lane Blacktop ? When they drove slowly past the Tasty Freeze, Hemi Cuda, nope LOL I really remember them days, My Father had a Bullet Mustang, Broke down the 1st week he had it in Lancaster Pa, LOL, he traded it for a Plymouth Fury 440 Boat hahaha, then a 57 chevy Nomad, My Older Brother raced at York US 30 Drag strip, he ran a 68 camaro ss, Ok the next Wheel horse Convention should be at South Mountain Drags ! I'll pull up in a Altered 953 ;-)  Get the bandaids ready