Tgtack

Race for the Big Show, the 1276 build

Tgtack

Will it get done? I don't know for sure, going to be close, but working everyday on getting this tractor back together and ready for the show! It is still in pieces right now, but back to making headway since I decided to use another frame and wait on doing the major repair to the original where the transaxle mounting plate is shattered. So here a few pics of what is happening right now.

Frame is painted and ready for all the other parts. 

Front axle all cleaned up, back tight as a button, and painted. 

Dash support straightened, stripped and repainted.

Hopefully I will get the tranny cleaned up and ready to paint tonight, headstand needs to go in the sandblaster tomorrow.

Last pic is what she looked like when I brought her home. 

20170601_202924.jpg

20170601_201910.jpg

20170601_201923.jpg

2017-06-01 21.00.53.jpg

• Like 6

WHX??

Looking good guy just do it on your own time and do it right. Remember haste makes waste and this ain't orange county choppers! :) Enjoy your restos and builds but keeping balance with family. The BS will be there next year too!  Hug your kids.

• Like 7

squonk
7 hours ago, WHX11 said:

Looking good guy just do it on your own time and do it right. Remember haste makes waste and this ain't orange county choppers! :) Enjoy your restos and builds but keeping balance with family. The BS will be there next year too!  Hug your kids.

Yup what is it with all the drama on all of those shows. :rolleyes:

I did this tractor in 5 weeks. Bought parts at the big show. Had it done for another show the 1st of August a few years ago. YOU CAN DO IT! :banana-wrench:

From this: IMG_0070_zps61538795.jpg.bd5fffbf08c6e068aa33916f737a95e8.jpg

To this; 

IMG_0201_zps606cde82.jpg.f3bded50becf2f117bcdaf7828b8fdf9.jpg

• Like 5

953 nut

If it isn't finished in time just bring another member of the herd!      

• Like 2

oldredrider

I've seen tractors built at the show. I sold a roller there and all missing parts were found at the show and assembled on site. Made for quite an education in creativity and perseverance. 

• Like 4

Tgtack

Seen that done at car shows before, it's the prep and painting that takes the time, just have to keep at it and not goof off!

• Like 2

WHX??

My 1067 is going to a show week after this done or not, sure the hood might need more work or some detailing to be done but so what, guys will get the gist of it. :)

• Like 4

19richie66

I might finish one, one day. My wife seems to think I am Bob Villa or something. Home improvement is driving me crazy. I need to be around gasoline, not thinset & grout. 

• Like 7

Tgtack

Today's update, got the headstand and several other brackets and small levers all sandblasted, primed, and painted. Another trip to the sandblaster tomorrow morning. Also got the PTO clutch rod bracket sandblasted, but have to go pick out a silver paint for it and the PTO rod. Continue cleaning on the tranny tonight. Great day for painting outside, bright sun and no wind.

Wife flew to New Orleans today to pick up the Granddaughter for the summer, flying back on Monday. Better be able to make serious progress with two days uninterrupted! 

20170602_193521.jpg

20170602_193539.jpg

• Like 4

JPWH

Looking good. 

• Like 1

953 nut
45 minutes ago, Tgtack said:

be able to make serious progress with two days uninterrupted!

Now you'r talking;   Image result for get er done

• Like 4

dells68

Working yet?  How long have you been up:laughing-rofl:?  Go, go, go!   Just :ychain: - it's nice to have time to dedicate to something you enjoy with no interruptions!  Looking good!

• Like 3

wallfish
21 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

I might finish one, one day. My wife seems to think I am Bob Villa or something. Home improvement is driving me crazy. I need to be around gasoline, not thinset & grout. 

The key for keeping some control of the "Honey Do list" is to NOT finish too many too fast because the number of projects on the list will hardly ever go down,  no matter how many you finish. As fast as you knock them out, they will be replaced by a new one. PACE yourself or you'll be working overtime for minimum wage!

• Like 7

Tgtack
3 hours ago, dells68 said:

Working yet?  How long have you been up:laughing-rofl:?  Go, go, go!   Just :ychain: - it's nice to have time to dedicate to something you enjoy with no interruptions!  Looking good!

Since 7am, just finished a 3hr marathon sand blasting session. No wife interruptions, but gotta go mow the Church yard, so still have some responsibilities to do! Should be doing some priming and painting a little later.

• Like 4

953 nut
7 hours ago, wallfish said:

The key for keeping some control of the "Honey Do list" is to NOT finish too many too fast because the number of projects on the list will hardly ever go down,  no matter how many you finish. As fast as you knock them out, they will be replaced by a new one. PACE yourself or you'll be working overtime for minimum wage!

John; this is the greatest display of wisdom we have seen this year decade! :bow-blue: I would add that the better you do the more will be expected of you on the next project, mediocrity has it's rewards. There are several things I have done poorly enough that I am no longer expected to do them.

Image result for great wisdom

• Like 6

19richie66

I have to do a good job, I live here too :laughing-rolling:

• Like 4

Tgtack

Besides the sandblasting session this morning, got another half dozen parts primed and painted. Still have some more that were blasted that need to be cleaned so they can be primed and painted tomorrow. Unfortunately, my console plate and dash plate were pitted to much for just primer alone, so have to smooth them out with some spot putty before priming. Did have a little distraction today, got the Church mowed (almost 2 hrs on a John Deere), and me and the boy (24, just out of the Marines) went shooting with my friend I help in his conceal carry classes, nothing like some AR15 mag dumps to put a smile on the face!

Now, back to work. (Note to self, when washing off red over spray from face and arms, DON'T use one of the wife's new white wash cloths!)

20170603_202943.jpg

20170603_203051.jpg

• Like 7

dells68

Looking great!  I've spent the day mowing hay and planting beans, tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers.  My son kept wanting me to work on an old tiller he found.  Fixed that problem - just reminded him that I still have to help him on his horses;). Can't wait till after church tomorrow - gonna spend a little time on my 953 project!  Everybody needs a little horsie time.

• Like 4

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Moving along nice.......

Glenn

• Like 1

953 nut
22 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

I have to do a good job, I live here too :laughing-rolling:

23 hours ago, 953 nut said:

There are several things I have done poorly enough that I am no longer expected to do

I "make too much noise" while removing the dishes from the dishwasher; so I'm not allowed to do it anymore!  :angry-nono:

There are lots of other tasks that I have learned annoy my wife; I do them while she is home so she will forbid me from doing them any more!    :techie-eureka:    She hasn't caught on yet.  :ychain:

• Like 6

JPWH

The best way I found to keep the honey do list from growing is always leave a little something unfinished on the last project till I get ready to start another one.

• Like 3

Tgtack

Sorry for not posting any info, been busy. Weekend weather was not conducive to getting anything painted. Got a few items shot late yesterday. Decals have been shipped, thanks Terry! Need to get the frame back on the tranny by this weekend to be done for the show. Big issue is the hood. Need to get old decals removed and painted. I am thinking about taking it to a body shop to see if they can work it in next week so I can concentrate on the rest. It also has two small holes drilled in it for somekind of a non original hood ornament (next to factory holes), need them filled. Got the cracks in the seat box welded up, need to grind them down and get it painted. Have a couple other parts, dash, lift lever, engine, and wheel/tire cleanup to go.

So this is what was painted over last couple days.

20170606_191620.jpg

20170606_191457.jpg

• Like 2

WHX??

A little progress is better than none at all! :lol:

• Like 3

Tgtack

Been hard at it last couple days, finally got the frame and transaxle mated back together,  marathon painting day today. For some reason the picture reminds me of the barn in Twister. Got to sand blast engine tins in the morning so can get them painted along with the fuel tank. Big issue right now is finding reasonable priced bolting hardware, ACE is through the roof for stainless or yellow zinc grade 5. Also no luck on a body shop, all booked up, will have to paint the hood and fenders myself. Need to order some parts from Glenn as well.

20170609_204349.jpg

20170609_204404.jpg

• Like 1

953 nut
49 minutes ago, Tgtack said:

Big issue right now is finding reasonable priced bolting hardware,

Tractor supply sells them by the pound; as a rule they are less than half what others want.

• Like 3